Shaky camera w P3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hi. Just wondering what could have caused the shakiness at the start of the videos in my P3 Advanced. It goes steady after around 15 secs. though. This doesn't happen very often. Could it be because i failed to recalibrate the P3 after charging the battery although it was in the same location as my last flight? Thank you in advance!

Could you post a video?

Calibration: of what, the compass? The IMU? The gimbal?

In general, you do not have to recalibrate the compass every time. If it really needed it, the RC would tell you.

Reactions: Kima kim
Have you tried new props? Are your current props balanced with no chips or knicks in them? Unbalanced or damaged props can cause poor video.

Check the 4 cushions that hold the gimbal on.

I would suggest the blade balance is off or the bumpers on gimbal are not correct.

you should get no jello or vibration.

Could you post a video?

In general, you do not have to recalibrate the compass every time. If it really needed it, the RC would tell you.

Yes, of the compass...and you have just answered
Could you post a video?

But the shakiness disappears after a while and the camera takes smooth video again. I notice the shakiness after a pretty rough landing on concrete floor when i was lowering the P3A. Could that be the cause?

Hope you won't mind so much, how can we post videos in the forums? Thanks in advance!

Have you tried new props? Are your current props balanced with no chips or knicks in them? Unbalanced or damaged props can cause poor video.
I didn't think that there was a need to change to new props as it doesn't have knicks nor chips on them. Although there was that first instance where i landed it on a small rock wc made it tip sideways and the props spun for a while on the soil. That was the first time the shakiness appeared. The second time the shakiness appeared (two weeks after the first) was when I had to kinda drop the P3A (on it's feet though)while landing on concrete to avoid the strong wind from making it drift and hit an object. Thank you for dropping off a reply.

Last edited:
I would suggest the blade balance is off or the bumpers on gimbal are not correct.

you should get no jello or vibration.

Off-topic query if you won't mind. I saw your YouTube video "Grapes of Monover"...really nice video! Must've been a 2km flight one-way? Robin, can you help me on the best format setting for nice video, same as yours, in uploading to YouTube?

I know this may be a simple one but often overlooked...did you remove the white foam packing insert from the gimbal? Admittedly, I missed removing this part on unpacking my bird and actually flew it seven or eight times and was ready to ship it back before I found the little bugger and removed it.

No
I know this may be a simple one but often overlooked...did you remove the white foam packing insert from the gimbal? Admittedly, I missed removing this part on unpacking my bird and actually flew it seven or eight times and was ready to ship it back before I found the little bugger and removed it.

OMGoodness! Now, there you Go! Out of around 30 flights, it only acted shaky around 3 times. Thanks a Ton Shademan! :D

Do we have to place it back after every flight or does it go to the trash?

You should not need to replace it unless you need to ship your bird back for service. Otherwise the front gimbal brace is all you need for general transport. Most of us have bought different camera protectors that are a bit easier to remove and replace. Actually I have found I can do without any bracing while my phantom is in the hard shell backpack because the camera lays directly on the foam pad which supports it fairly well.

Kima, just throw it the original box with all the other shipping material, just in case you need it in the future. No need for any hardcase or backpack storage.

You should not need to replace it unless you need to ship your bird back for service. Otherwise the front gimbal brace is all you need for general transport. Most of us have bought different camera protectors that are a bit easier to remove and replace. Actually I have found I can do without any bracing while my phantom is in the hard shell backpack because the camera lays directly on the foam pad which supports it fairly well.

Yes, i need to get one of those protectors. The one that came w the P3A is troublesome to use. Any recommendations?

Kima, just throw it the original box with all the other shipping material, just in case you need it in the future. No need for any hardcase or backpack storage.

I have a lot to learn, it's just been two weeks since I flew one of these drones. Thanks for the advices!

do you have a gimbal guard on the legs? I have noticed that these transfer a little bit of vibration back into the bird and can cause it to shake the camera - esp at low altitude when you have lots of wash.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj