Setting waypoints and not returning to Home Point?

Reaction score
Question when i set my waypoints firstable the craft goes up in vertical position which if you are in an area with trees could be dangerous best if set waypoint upwards then move to next point anyways when i set the way points it just hover in the air and i had to bring down manually it didnt return home was just standing there.. do you have a solution? do i have to set last way point as 0 meters to come down?

When traveling between waypoints, your Phantom will travel diagonally -- gradually increasing or decreasing altitude until it reaches the next waypoint. It's best to set your first waypoint very close to the home point -OR- you can manually raise your Phantom to the appropriate altitude and then start the mission.

After the mission has been completed, your Phantom will hover above the home point. That's by design. You must manually land.

When traveling between waypoints, your Phantom will travel diagonally -- gradually increasing or decreasing altitude until it reaches the next waypoint. It's best to set your first waypoint very close to the home point -OR- you can manually raise your Phantom to the appropriate altitude and then start the mission.

After the mission has been completed, your Phantom will hover above the home point. That's by design.
So it doesnt return to home automatically? just hovers on the air from original home point and i most bring down manually?
thought was a designed flaw

Reactions: egnogra
I'm pretty sure if you turn you transmitter off after you start or mission (or even before you you want to just start the mission from the ground using the go button), it will also autoland when it get back to the home position. It has been a while since i have done it.. but i know I did in the past.

Doug Fletcher
tried that the first time the drone fell as it was taking off and i panic so i turned the control off as it was taking off on waypoint mission it flew to first point and was just standing there..
i had to manually bring it back

i think is very dangerous because once it was flying i was holding it from the bottom not letting go and i pressed the controller function to turn off manually and it didnt do imagine if it was hurting someone there is no way to abort a mission i guess do you know any way to fix this?

I can assure you that with the stock app (although I am now using Litchi) after completing its mission and arriving at its final way point I initiated the RTH sequence, it then rose in the air to the preset height then descended and landed itself.​

I thought switching S1 from GPS to ATTI and back to GPS would abort the mission and let the TX regain control.
???
I haven't done it in a while.
I always make my first and last way point pretty close to the home point. No surprises that way.

Standard procedure with the DJI app is to fly the waypoint then return to the starting position and hover. However if the battery gets to the critical point it will autoland at the starting points. If you do flip the S1 switch from GPS to atti and back to GPS that lets you regain control of the quad. You also do the same thing once a waypoint missin is started to cancel it and regain control. Love waypoint flying too just a little different and you must think it through of you make changes in altitude from one way point to another due to objects such as tree, buildings, towers and land changes. It's definitely a pucker power flight. Lot of chances for pilot error, especially if you use an app with no distance limits. You have to calculate distance vs battery power to make it home safely.

Also from the starting point to the first way point is a gradual altitude climb. If there are objects between the start point and number one way point..... Crash time.
The fix is to set the 1sr way point a few feet from starting point so it will climb before heading out. Or you can manually climb to a clear altitude then start way point flying that way your in the clear also. Happy flying!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl