Setting up missions to fly elsewhere

Reaction score
I have a nice flying field to use to far from my home to connect to and be online.
And there is no wifi service at all there.
So can I set up a mission at that location while at home and online?
I'm assuming I can and then I should have the maps available without a connection.
Is that assumption correct?
We shall soon find out.

I haven't been successful at setting up a complete mission for a remote location. I've only had success in caching the satellite view of the remote site on my iPad -- and once I get to the place where I intend to fly, I set up the mission there. Perhaps others have had more success?

Very much similar. If you know the flying area well then You can save a flight path from home but I find it's better to cache the maps and setup after seeing the area you wish to fly. I have setup grids at home with both the PC and iPad and then recall and fly them without issue in areas I know well

Buy a Dodge, Mobile Hot Spot. $10/day 1 day at a time. And everybody gets to play. LOL

my Ipad has cellular so that certainly helps when I am at the field.

However, I have been able to set up flights at home on the ipad and then go to the field and fly them. You just need to save your waypoints as a favorite and then recall them in the field.... you can even adjust them once you get there if you find that you want to.

I don't have GS, but are you saying that to setup a mission, you MUST have Internet access at the flying site and you CANNOT setup a mission prior to getting to the location?

These are show stoppers for me, I often fly in remote location, far from civilization. Very disappointing if my comments about GS are true.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20