Setting return home height

Reaction score
Every time I try to set the return to home height in the go app it always sets back to 0 after I hit done. Any ideas? If it's at 0 will it stay at the height it is at when I press rh?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Azmopic
Yes it will do that when the actual drone is not connected. If you are connected and ready to fly. Then it will save all the information you put in. It seems to know what is real and what is not. Learned this the hard way. Thank god I did not crash. My rth altitude was set at 10 meters. Was return right in path of tree. I canceled the rth and flew it back my self. That's when I noticed it was so low. I changed it to 60m. Which is way too high. I think 30 m should cover just about anything. That s why I always want to see it with my own eyes. Unless over water.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think 30 m should cover just about anything.
There is no hard and fast number here that works for everyone. 30m would easily land me in a tree where I live (on a mountain). It would be best to scope out the flying site before each flight and set this number appropriately.

Agreed. I'm in Florida so no mountains what so ever. I do wonder about people say in Colorado. 400ft would be kinda low.

. I think 30 m should cover just about anything. That s why I always want to see it with my own eyes. Unless over water.

I know you mentioned that you changed it to 60m so perhaps this is a typo but I strongly disagree. I find the sweet spot to be 60m at a minimum. This is about 200'. I find it rare that anything such as large trees or power lines are 200' and taller by but large trees can certainly be 100' tall. You want to be at _least_ 50' higher then the tallest object around you. At 30m this means the tallest object is only 50' tall. People get into a lot of trouble on RTH with the height set to low. Better to error on having it set a little too high then a little too low.

60m is what I use around my house I have Pine and Doug fir trees they are 100' and over.

Reactions: Chris K and Azmopic

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1