Setting picture resolution in DJI Go4

Reaction score
All,

After installing the DJI Go 4 app and getting familiar with the GUI, I have still not yet been able to locate the area where you can set the pixel resolution of the camera. Is there DJI Go4 documentation somewhere or could someone point out to me where I can find these settings?

Thanks

Thanks for the link. This is helpful. I still didn't see a setting adjustment for the camera resolution though. I think the maximum resolution is 12 MP, but I want to be sure it is set to max resolution.

After reading some threads I have a feeling the picture resolution is fixed at 12 MP. For some reason I thought this was adjustable in the previous DJI Go app. Can someone please confirm that the resolution of the pictures is fixed or if not fixed where I can adjust the resolution settings?

Thanks!

After reading some threads I have a feeling the picture resolution is fixed at 12 MP. For some reason I thought this was adjustable in the previous DJI Go app. Can someone please confirm that the resolution of the pictures is fixed or if not fixed where I can adjust the resolution settings?
In your camera settings, go to Image Ratio.
i-bFdJFn5-M.png

With the P4 you only get the full resolution of 12MP with 4:3 for your image ratio.
i-pJnz8GF-M.png

I have this question again with reference to the DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.
First, I notice the V1 User Manual simply states Image Max Size = 4000x3000, which explains why the 4:3 aspect ratio is optimal.

With the V2, the image resolution also varies with the Aspect Ratio. From the manual...
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 5472x3648
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 4864x3648
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 5472x3078

However, this only applies to JPG images.

All I can get with the RAW images are...
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 960x640
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 960x720
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 960x540

So, my question is, how do we increase the resolution of the RAW format images?

All I can get with the RAW images are...
3:2 Aspect Ratio: 960x640
4:3 Aspect Ratio: 960x720
16:9 Aspect Ratio: 960x540

So, my question is, how do we increase the resolution of the RAW format images?
There's nothing wrong with your raw images.
Their resolution is exactly it should be.
But you are using software that doesn't read the .dng format and it's looking at the little preview images that are inside each .dng image file.
Do you really need .dng files?
It could be that jpg alone is all you need.

If you really want to shoot .dng, you'll need software that can read the file format, like Photoshop or Lightroom etc.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with your raw images.
Their resolution is exactly it should be.
But you are using software that doesn't read the .dng format and it's looking at the little preview images that are inside each .dng image file.
Do you really need .dng files?
It could be that jpg alone is all you need.

If you really want to shoot .dng, you'll need software that can read the file format, like Photoshop or Lightroom etc.
Thanks for that. You're right, there's nothing wrong with my RAW images, and I am using Lightroom and Photoshop.
It's just that I was browsing file Properties > Details, via Microsoft Explorer, and freaked out when it showed Dimensions: 960x720. Obviously it cannot read a DNG's metadata - just the thumbnail. Anyway, that caused me to second guess myself. All good. Thanks again (y)

Reactions: Meta4

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl