Setting minimum gps satelites in Assistant software

Reaction score
Hi,

There used to be a setting in the assistant software, that gave you the option to choose a min amount of satellites before given green light, is that removed?
Like me, i prefer to have at least two satellites more than the min required to get a fix, for safety purposes...

I don't remember that setting in the P1 or P2NV, but you want 8 satellites before taking off ?

I've never seen that setting either.
Possibly in a non-Phantom NAZA?

>=6 sats.

Its the rapid green lights is when the phantom has a lock.
But you need to be very careful as in NAZA mode with IOC, there are 2 sets of green flashes and this set can happen before or after each other depending on what comes first. So in NAZA mode, look for 2 rapid green sets of lights.

The rapid green sets of flashes can mean course direction lock or home point lock is established. If you're in an open field, it can acquire the GPS before the DIrection lock.

You really need and IOSD and FPV to confirm.
If you don't have IOSD, the best way to confirm GPS lock is by enabling the NAZA and IOC in the Phantom assist. Then on take off, get about 10ft/2m up and fly >10m and turn her 90degrees then flick the IOC to home lock (left toggle switch down) and pull the direction stick back. She should fly back to you side ways.

***NOTE*** Make sure its the left toggle switch that you flick down. If you flick all the way down on the right toggle, it can enable failsafe/manual mode which can cause havoc. In failsafe, it will goto last known GPS locked location. If Manual > it will drop like a brick unless you have ninja qualities to react to the throttle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj