Setting Home Point with iPAD mini2/ios9

Reaction score
Hi:

I am new to using the Phantom 3 Standard. I got a ipad mini2 to use for the dji go app.
I was flying yesterday, had 11 gps satellites.

When first powering up the ipad volume was down so I didnt know if the home point was set or not.

I tried to set the home point manually and got a warning that it could not be set.

I tried with my LG G3 phone and every time I set the home point I got the voice confirming home point set,
so I know its not the quad.

Has anybody else had this problem with the ipad mini/ios9 and current dji go app?

Any solution if you did?

I have read put the quad in HL mode and test that it can fly backward to you to verify home point is set,
any other way to verify the home point is set to current location?

Look at the map on your iPad, you should have a green dot showing the home point.

I did do that, I saw the green dot, and it looked like it was near my location.
But I am puzzeled because the ipad mini does not have gps, and it only has wifi,
so how did it get the map downloaded to show the green dot as my current location?

Brain fart. My apologies, I forgot the iPad Wi-Fi only does not have GPS capability. I use an android tablet to fly with.

But I am puzzeled because the ipad mini does not have gps, and it only has wifi,
so how did it get the map downloaded to show the green dot as my current location?
The Phantom has its own internal GPS receiver. When you start up your Phantom, it'll mark the home point at its current location (which is also your location). This will occur as long as it's connected to 6+ satellites.

When resetting the home point from the top of the "Main Controller Settings" in the DJI GO app, you'll have the option to set to the home point to the Phantom's current location (using the Phantom's GPS receiver) or your current location (using your mobile device's GPS receiver). The latter will only work if your mobile device has a GPS receiver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31