setting altitude

Reaction score
Just got a P3 prof for Christmas and have a few questions. 1: Once I set the desired altitude to clear trees does this change with the terrain? (example if I set it to 120 feet to clear trees if I fly up a hill will the drone climb to maintain 120 feet from the ground?) 2: What is the range of the drone if flying on flat ground with no trees or buildings? I would like to check our crops during the spring and summer and some of these fields are 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile. Thanks for your replies.

Just got a P3 prof for Christmas and have a few questions. 1: Once I set the desired altitude to clear trees does this change with the terrain? (example if I set it to 120 feet to clear trees if I fly up a hill will the drone climb to maintain 120 feet from the ground?) 2: What is the range of the drone if flying on flat ground with no trees or buildings? I would like to check our crops during the spring and summer and some of these fields are 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile. Thanks for your replies.
Answers:

1. All altitudes are set with reference to your home point, so they don't take care of the elevations at different points.
2. Range varies from model to model

checking out crops in field would be a good programed way point mission for it. That would also allow you to fly the same path on different days so you would be seeing the same crops from same locations when you look at the videos.

and place to place.
You are right but I wanted to say for the same conditions given such as place, interference, temperatures, humidity, LOS, antenna positioning..., range will vary from model to model.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers