service without warranty...how much?

Reaction score
anyone here ever send a Phantom 3 standard to be fixed without a warranty?? How much did it cost??? since updating firmware it will not work.

Many, many people here have sent them in for repair without a warranty. How much it costs to repair depends on what's wrong with it.

Can you give us more details? Exactly what's not working?

Cannot fly due to constant weak transmission signal warning. I I went back to firmware 1.7.9 with no luck. Then tried to upgrade again to the new firmware, but it constantly fails. Tried relinking the rc and drone as well

Have you totally reset everything to default, and then followed the exact instructions to update the firmware, i.e., download the file on to your PC / Mac, extract to the SD card... insert directly into, and start the bird?

Let it do it's dance (if you will...), then connect R/C to bird via USB and run firmware update on the R/C.

If you don't do it that way (I'm pretty close on the steps, but please search for the video) it will likely fail.

BTW... Most shops charge $45 - $65 per hour for labor in my marketplace.

Last edited:
Reset what to default? I have reinstalled the go app several times, and gone back and forth so many times trying to find a firmware that works that now it just gives me the red light and failure beep. When trying to connect, the app first shows inspire, then P3 and connect goes blue, the Inspire reappears and button black, over and over, when I do get the app open it shows red warning banner stating weak transmission signal, then disconnected, then weak signal again, and disconnected, over and over

@Gulfstream
@Pharm
And others to come across this thread.

He already has another thread on his problem.
The title "I am done" doesn't really explain that he has a signal problem after a firmware update. :)
I am done!

Rod

your point is? Are you only allowed one thread at a time on this forum? I decided to keep it and fix it. What exactly is the issue?

Reset what to default? I have reinstalled the go app several times, and gone back and forth so many times trying to find a firmware that works that now it just gives me the red light and failure beep. When trying to connect, the app first shows inspire, then P3 and connect goes blue, the Inspire reappears and button black, over and over, when I do get the app open it shows red warning banner stating weak transmission signal, then disconnected, then weak signal again, and disconnected, over and over

The app was updated again, maybe try it again. My one tablet was doing the same exact thing.

Reactions: mapwd1702
@mapwd1702
You can take my message anyway you like.

The red "I am done!" is there as a link to your other thread.

My intention was and still is people are wasting there time and yours asking questions about what went wrong with your Phantom. Which you had already posted on that thread. "I am done!"

I would like to see this problem problem figured out, and when this happens to the next guy, what is his options out of warranty.

This problem is extremely frustrating. I was the first and it has happen to me twice with a P3S. I follow this threads a lot.

In two years I have started about 10 threads on this forum.
This was my first.
Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Check out these two.
Phantom 3 standard Rc signal lost
Standard - RC Signal Loss at Only 100 Feet

This has an old list of book marks, I have doubled it now.
Terrible signal performance

So...

In final I'm adding this link.

@madmaximum also please read this.

What irritates me,
In all of this posts I have followed, I am the only one that has every posted what was replaced.

So please updated me and others on one of your threads what was repaired or replaced.
That is all I ask. ;)

Rod

Reactions: With The Birds
If there was a delete option i would have deleted it, I made that post when I was frustrated as hell

Last edited:
@mapwd1702
You can take my message anyway you like.

The red "I am done!" is there as a link to your other thread.

My intention was and still is people are wasting there time and yours asking questions about what went wrong with your Phantom. Which you had already posted on that thread. "I am done!"

I would like to see this problem problem figured out, and when this happens to the next guy, what is his options out of warranty.

This problem is extremely frustrating. I was the first and it has happen to me twice with a P3S. I follow this threads a lot.

In two years I have started about 10 threads on this forum.
This was my first.
Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

Check out these two.
Phantom 3 standard Rc signal lost
Standard - RC Signal Loss at Only 100 Feet

This has an old list of book marks, I have doubled it now.

So...

In final I'm adding this link.

@madmaximum also please read this.

What irritates me,
In all of this posts I have followed, I am the only one that has every posted what was replaced.

So please updated me and others on one of your threads what was repaired or replaced.
That is all I ask. ;)

Rod
You came off like I was trying to deceive people

Have you totally reset everything to default, and then followed the exact instructions to update the firmware, i.e., download the file on to your PC / Mac, extract to the SD card... insert directly into, and start the bird?

Let it do it's dance (if you will...), then connect R/C to bird via USB and run firmware update on the R/C.

If you don't do it that way (I'm pretty close on the steps, but please search for the video) it will likely fail.

BTW... Most shops charge $45 - $65 per hour for labor in my marketplace.
what do I need to reset to default??

He must mean your mobile device and or the App.
There is no know factory reset, default, etc, for the Phantom, If so its never been posted on this forum.

Rod

If there was a delete option i would have deleted it, I made that post when I was frustrated as hell
"frustrated as hell"
Nope, didn't even cross my mind. :rolleyes::eek:;)

Rod

Yes I meant the app, but I do have other questions.

• Is this happening in your home / office?

• Have you taken it out to a safe location and tried there (maybe I missed that in your post - sorry)?

• Are you iOS or Android, and if Android, did your device update to 7.0 Nougat? Nougat is definitely an issue for many users, and lately it seems Wi-Fi noise inside your home is another problem.

The solution seems to be a witches brew that is heavily dependent on the device you're using, and the DJI Go app version as well. For instance with my P4P I had to rollback to the 4.06 app, w/current firmware and lock it down.

Yes, does this indoors, outdoors. Using Samsung S7, app is most recent version
i just read this post and several others that are similar on the DJI Forum (maybe you already know this...)

"I discovered on my Samsung S7 that it works fine when I change in phone settings > display > RESOLUTION to 1920 x 1080 (vs the higher res) and Display > MODE to basic (vs fancier cinematic modes) I almost never have a disconnect. Turning off wifi, blu tooth, and nfc a good idea also." - Bill In Ohio Hobbist -

Sooooooo........after all the head scratching and frustration, upgraded my phone from the Samsung S7 to a new IPhone 7+, recalibrated the compass and IMU and everything is back to normal!!! Don't know what happened to the Samsung, but it's the wife's now

Reactions: Gulfstream
Sooooooo........after all the head scratching and frustration, upgraded my phone from the Samsung S7 to a new IPhone 7+, recalibrated the compass and IMU and everything is back to normal!!! Don't know what happened to the Samsung, but it's the wife's now
Glad to hear it!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj