Serious Video feed lag on my P3A. help!

Reaction score
This just suddenly happened the other day. I started to see some lag on my video feed on my iPad 2 mini and I don't know what to do. Today I was getting ready to fly this weekend and I noticed I have a lag of about ~5 secs while using both my iPhone and iPad.

I need your help, I'm really sad about this. I even tried and downgraded to 2.7.2 with the Charles proxy software and I still get video lag plus some video flickering. I also reverted my ITElite mod to the stock antennas thinking it was that and still nothing

iPad iOS 9.3.1
DJI 2.8.1

9AV1V7bpkVc

iPhone iOS 9.3.2
DJI 2.8.2

AVJCJVcFxsk

Last edited:
Try another cable too. Maybe that one is shot. You've modded the antennas twice now so who knows. I kept my air2 at 9.1 ios and will leave it there for the unforeseeable future. I don't believe the dji app and anything higher than 9.1 work well together. But, that's just opinion.

Reactions: top boy roy
I tried this and it worked for me, I have iPad air2, latest iOS, latest dji app and fw.
Hardware encoding =on. In the dji app
Close all other apps, shutdown iPad and restart
Cache map
Turn on airplane mode
Used new certified lightning cable

This just suddenly happened the other day. I started to see some lag on my video feed on my iPad 2 mini and I don't know what to do. Today I was getting ready to fly this weekend and I noticed I have a lag of about ~5 secs while using both my iPhone and iPad.

I need your help, I'm really sad about this. I even tried and downgraded to 2.7.2 with the Charles proxy software and I still get video lag plus some video flickering. I also reverted my ITElite mod to the stock antennas thinking it was that and still nothing

iPad iOS 9.3.1
DJI 2.8.1

9AV1V7bpkVc

iPhone iOS 9.3.2
DJI 2.8.2

I tried this and it worked for me, I have iPad air2, latest iOS, latest dji app and fw.
Hardware encoding =on. In the dji app
Close all other apps, shutdown iPad and restart
Cache map
Turn on airplane mode
Used new certified lightning cable
AVJCJVcFxsk

I just took it to Scorpion Drones here in Miami,FL (very nice people) and they did a courtesy diagnose with a different cable, iPad and a controller and still the same issue. ~5 second delay + flickering. They told me it looks to be the whole camera assembly which also includes the light bridge. I open a ticket with DJI. Hopefully they fix it. It's almost new! 2 months old :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

5S lag is a huge lag, something seriously has gone bad.

Are you seeing lags in executing RC commands too or just in the videos?

5S lag is a huge lag, something seriously has gone bad.

Are you seeing lags in executing RC commands too or just in the videos?

Just video transmission. Everything else (stick commands) is pretty responsive. I think the gimbal board went bad according to Scorpion Drones :/

Just video transmission. Everything else (stick commands) is pretty responsive. I think the gimbal board went bad according to Scorpion Drones :/
Is your Mini 2 overheating in Miami?

I used a Mini 2 until the heat came last summer. When the Mini 2 got too hot, I got lots of lag. Too much lag to even use FPV at all. Sometimes I could go through one battery okay, but usually I couldn't finish one battery before the Mini 2 was overheating and lagging. At first I tried an assortment of things to keep it from overheating, even resorting to iced gel packs once or twice. It didn't take long for me to switch to an Air 2 and the lag was gone instantly.

Last summer there were many similar stories of overheating mobile devices. It seems that there are not as many this summer, so perhaps the app is more efficient now and less powerful mobile devices can handle the load better. Just something to think about. Cheers!

Thanks Oso. Indeed I also thought it was the device. At Scorpion Drones they tried with an iPad Air and the same issue. By the way my mini 2 doesn't seem to overheat.

Last summer there were many similar stories of overheating mobile devices. It seems that there are not as many this summer, so perhaps the app is more efficient now and less powerful mobile devices can handle the load better. Just something to think about. Cheers!
A recent app update had notes about enhancing performance and I was curious if that would result in fewer smart device overheats. The lack of reports seems to indicate it helped. I'll be darned if I remember which app rev they did the improvement to though.

Reactions: Oso
A recent app update had notes about enhancing performance and I was curious if that would result in fewer smart device overheats. The lack of reports seems to indicate it helped. I'll be darned if I remember which app rev they did the improvement to though.
I hope that's the case. It worries me that they try to make a single app work with so many different models. There must be bloat in there, right?

I think another piece of anecdotal evidence that the app may be more efficient is that several months ago they began allowing much older devices to download the app where before that you'd just get the "device incompatible" message.

Reactions: JoBe
I have a P3 professional and I'm having the same problem with my Air 2 ever since the new firmware update it's been lagging real bad I wear my headplays no lag and works great....any ideas.

I use a iPad Mini V1 - the very original sort, no lag works just fine...

FWIW, I am on android (nexus 7), but I notice that if I leave the app open/running or let it autostart as I turn on the controller, I also get multiple second lag and the C1 button to pitch the camera full down/up doesnt work. Very weird. If I close the app, and restart it, it works as expected.

I use a iPad Mini V1 - the very original sort, no lag works just fine...
Well I neverhad a problem also until my IPad Air2 been upgraded to 9.3.2 and the new updated for the DJI Go app but now it lags real bad when I am flying the screen goes out for about 3 seconds then comes back but this is not acceptable, so wonder if anyone else has been experiencing that or any way to fix it?

I have all the latest go app and firmware but still on iOS 8.4 no problems and no need to upgrade as I only use the iPad for the drone...

All I had to do was replace the entire gimbal + camera assembly with a new one.

Case close !!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl