serious Problems after updating to V1.9.6

Reaction score
I updated the RC first by mistake. I then proceeded to update my P3 Pro. I checked the txt file on the SD card. it said it was a success. Then restarted the phantom to update the battery and the following happens:

1. when i start the P3 this happens:
  • a. the gimbel calabrates
  • b. the start up beeps go off.
  • c. then all red light on the P3 flash once.
  • d. then i canot control it. i can only see data about the p3 on the dji go app.
  • e. then when i power down, the red battery light flashes for 10 sec (see the following video for demonstration )

View media item 1923
2. I do not get a live image on the go app.
3. The gimbel does not work.
4. I can not start the propellers.
5. the status bar says the gimbel is dicsonected.(i checked it is coneccted. i took off the gimbel. nothing was wrong with it)
6. i can not takew pictures or video

I have done the following to try to fix the problem:
1. reinstalled the dji go app on my ipad mini
2. tryied my second battery(same result)
3. I Formatted the SD card on my PC and reloaded the firmware.(same results) (There is no option for me to format the SD card on the DJI go app. Although when I load the SD card on my PC( after starting my P3 withe the SD card loaded) I could see that the directories were created by the P3)
4. started the P3 with out the SD card inserted and with the RC on and off.

If someone know what is going on with my P3. please help me:(

Last edited:
can you plug a USB cable into the quadcopter and get the log files, they are hidden but could shed more light on what is going on...

Did you try a fully charged battery? It looks like you have only 25% battery or so, which may not be enough. Just a thought.

Reactions: phantomi
This reply may be late, but I also noticed that your link light for the AC to RC is red meaning it is not linked to the RC. Good luck.

Reactions: gww816
Downgrade your remote controller firmware like this and follow these instructions to upgrade your firmware.
I just tried this with full battery. It did not help. it had the same results.

I forgot to mention earlier, the RC says "exit travel mode" when I try to start the propellers, even though iI have a phantom 3. but i am using a inspire 1 RC.

Not sure I ever saw an answer to what others have mentioned, but did you go through the process of relinking the controller and aircraft? There is a specific procedure to do that.. On the RC it is started via the app, and on the drone, by pushing a button on the side.

i had trouble upgrading the RC after upgrading the aircraft, so I went to DJI tech chat. the guy had me reboot, in affect, the RC and I believe reconnect the RC with the aircraft. Actually in the manual there is a section on this. Here is what i copied from the chat. It was rather difficult, physically to do. Maybe it will help. Eventually the the RC showed that it was up to date but I never did see it go thru the update sounds and lights as illustrated on the youtube vid. here is what I copied fr. chat.

* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
* Don’t let go of any fingers, and turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.

Did you check General Settings, About to see you are running App. v. 2.8.4, Aircraft v. 1.9.60 and RC v. 1.6.0?

Hi,
I had the same problem on my Hollyday :-(.
But, I called my friend and recomend for me was ..... record again update 1.8 or 1.9. !!!
I updated - rewrote firmaware 1.9 and I do not have problem :).
Look on my video where is the same problem before (second) update

So goog luck.

P.S Before problem with gimbal I had 1.9

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik