Serious competition?

Reaction score
RTF for $730 - theoretically out of the box, RTF, but with telemetry and waypoint navigation. On paper, it kicks the Phantom's butt.

Will be interesting to see if they have managed to "consumerise" APM sufficiently, or whether you still need to be a bit of a hacker to get it to work.

Of course it doesn't look quite as pretty as the Phantom, but a lot of the features are very attractive.

I think if it is a more stable platform, it will be serious competition. The ability to program flight paths would be a good addition for the Phantom. It seems to lift more, more flight time etc. Seems to be a lot wider than the Phantom. Wonder how fast it goes.

boat chaser said:
I think if it is a more stable platform, it will be serious competition. The ability to program flight paths would be a good addition for the Phantom. It seems to lift more, more flight time etc. Seems to be a lot wider than the Phantom. Wonder how fast it goes.

For the stuff you're doing, imagine throwing a ground station on the boat or the skiier and having the quad follow them automatically!

I wonder if this will affect DJI at all? The ArduPilot is nothing new, and DJI has been happy to have their NAZA offer fewer features at a higher price for a fair while. It seems the APM does what the Wookong M mulit-waypoint does, for $250 rather than $5000.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj