Serial numbers

Reaction score
My serial number on the phantom is different then the one on the box. Anyone else have this issue? Also my red stickers were already on when I opened the box, wondering if mine was used and not new.

I have 2 P2V+ and both came with red stickers. Perhaps a way of knowing if you opened the unit ;-).
I don't know about the serial numbers, though.

My red stickers were already on too direct from dji's website. I figured they just assembled it a little more than what they used to.
I guess I didn't think much of it other than not having to put them on was nice. I understand how some people would want to put them on themselves or leave them off totally.

What about the phantom serial numbers, can you check to see if they match?(what's on the box and what's on the phantom)

The red stickers were on mine also. The transmitter was set to FCC out of the box (two beeps when turned on). I have just returned it to Amazon for replacement due to a bad motor. The motor (right front as you are looking at the camera lens) goes fast and then slows continuously while making a slight noise. Never flew her except to lift it off the ground about two feet and quickly landed it due to drifting to the rear. Now I have to wait on Amazon to get more + in stock. Has anyone else had motor problems out of the box?

marine9 said:
The red stickers were on mine also. The transmitter was set to FCC out of the box (two beeps when turned on).
That was something else I meant to add that mine was in fcc mode, which also made me believe they started to do some of the "easy" stuff prior to shipping it off. Mine came right from the factory in China.

Okay, I am an expert on this topic because I went through it with the vision.

1) The serial numbers for the phantom don't match the box, nothing to be worried about
2) the stickers are now applied by default, this is addressed in DJI's official unboxing video, red stickers applied by default
3) the transmitter now 2 beeps by default but there is some question if it is truly in the correct mode. You can install the RC system assistant and choose this mode in software so it is double confirmed. Some say this doesn't matter, it's either or. Some say you need to have the pot done (comes by default it seems) AND the software switch.

Hope this helps save people some time / worry!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31