Sept. 2016 firmware upgrade

Reaction score
So i recently updated my DJI GO app and yesterday I take my phantom 3 standard out to fly. I immediately noticed the look of the app was different. When I attempted auto take off, the command timed out 3 times before finally taking off so I proceeded with caution. The option to switch from photo to video was different and when I tried it there was a good 20-30 second delay before it switched. I also noticed that my R/C power light would occassionally blink from green to red. Today while trying to sort all of this out, I attempt to connect to phantom wifi and it says "no internet connection" when I attempt to connect. Also on the app in overall status it says firmware upgrade needed. I cannot find any threads related to this or a way to upgrade the firmware so any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I attempt to connect to phantom wifi and it says "no internet connection" when I attempt to connect.
That's just notifying you that you're connected to WiFi that's not connected to the Internet.

on the app in overall status it says firmware upgrade needed. I cannot find any threads related to this or a way to upgrade the firmware so any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.
Follow these instructions:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't know why but the app wasn't giving me the option to upgrade the firmware. Finally it gave me the option and I was able to successfully upgrade the firmware. It appears to have resolved the issues with the delays in recording and the auto takeoff command timeout. As for the no internet connection message, i've never seen that before but my app still connects to the device so I think all is well. Thanks for replying!

As for the no internet connection message, i've never seen that before but my app still connects to the device so I think all is well.
I'm assuming you're running an Apple device. If so, it was a recent change Apple made.

Yes, iphone 6. Thanks again for clearing that up.

Hey LockJaw, a few of us are experiencing the same issues, see the "extreme lag" thread. Seems to be related to the DJI 3.0.0 App on iOS. Question, what firmware are you running now? 1.6.8 or is there something newer out? Which country are you in? I.e. FCC (US) or CE (Europe/Asia) mode?

I downgraded my firmware to 1.5.7+ a while ago because it fixed a different issue. I'm afraid to update again now in case something else happens!

I am in the US. I can't figure out how to see what firmware I upgraded to. If you can tell me how to find it I'll be glad to get back to you.

I am in the US. I can't figure out how to see what firmware I upgraded to. If you can tell me how to find it I'll be glad to get back to you.

Connect your DJI Go App, in camera view, click the settings menu, then 'about' which is the bottom menu option. It should list the current firmware version there.

Thanks. It is version 1.6.80. I have yet to fly it since the firmware upgrade but was able to test the lag issues regarding the command timeout on auto takeoff and also the video/camera lag issue and they both appeared to be corrected. I'm hoping to get a flight in tomorrow after work. I'll let you know if I notice any issues after that. I'll check in on the "Extreme lag" thread also.

Thanks. It is version 1.6.80. I have yet to fly it since the firmware upgrade but was able to test the lag issues regarding the command timeout on auto takeoff and also the video/camera lag issue and they both appeared to be corrected. I'm hoping to get a flight in tomorrow after work. I'll let you know if I notice any issues after that. I'll check in on the "Extreme lag" thread also.

Thanks mate!

What issue were you having with V. 1.6.8?

I think it's mainly CE mode users who after updated to 1.6.8 noticed extremely bad range, I'm talking 20m-50m before the app would show weak transmission and ask you to activate fly home. It keeps popping up on the screen. the video cuts out too. Downgraded to 1.5.7+ and it was back to normal again!

ok. I flew today after work at a jobsite. All of the app issues seemed to be resolved. I got out to around 1650 feet when I began losing wifi signal. I don't know if that was due to the firmware upgrade or the fact that I was getting a strong interference warning. I will have to try flying again at a familiar location. I didn't get any weak transmission warning at all or message to activate return to home.

ok. I flew today after work at a jobsite. All of the app issues seemed to be resolved. I got out to around 1650 feet when I began losing wifi signal. I don't know if that was due to the firmware upgrade or the fact that I was getting a strong interference warning. I will have to try flying again at a familiar location. I didn't get any weak transmission warning at all or message to activate return to home.

1650 feet is 500m and if you were in an area with interference running stock equipment, you should be happy with that!

I was running 1.5.7+ and upgraded to the new ios app firmware last week. Upon powering up my Phantom 3S I was getting noises from the drone itself and the app on my iPhone 6S+ was not reaponding to certain inputs. The camera/video button would not respond, the view sd card contents button would show a black screen with 'ERROR' on the screen.

I decided to bite the bullet and upgraded to 1.6.3 again and the app is nos running smoothly and the drone is acting normally again.

I am yet to test to see if I am getting the range issues I was getting the last time I was running the 1.6.3 firmware but I have my fingers and toes crossed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31