sent back for repairs before 1st flight

Reaction score
I got a Phantom2 Vision + for my birthday. Weather sucked here for 2 weeks so I never had a chance to fly it. I did take it out the box to update/calibrate. I noticed the camera was jerking and went down ok but really slow to come back up. I contacted the place it was purchased and was told to send a video of what it was doing. They said it was malfunctioning and it needed to be repaired or replaced. It's on a UPS truck scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Wish they would just replace the drone. Never even flown the thing.

Sounds like you didn't calibrate it correctly.

Had the same symptoms when I first got it. You have to also calibrate the wheel using the RC System Assistant although it says "Users should use the Assistant Software of flight control system to calibrate X1 channel."

My Vision+ did that too. Started working normally after I calibrated the tilt wheel. Working great since. When you calibrated the sticks, did you also separately calibrate the wheel?

Same for me. It was working fine out of the box, but then I calibrated the controller sticks and I must have forgot to wiggle the gimble wheel (V3 controller). So after that first calibration it started moving jerkily using the gimble wheel, but the phone controls were still smooth, so I guessed it was calibration right away and did a recalibration. After that it was fine.

If I'd bought the machine from them, I'd be a little worried about the depth of their knowledge of these quadcopters.

Same here, plus when I switched from Phantom mode to Naza Mode, I had to perform the calibrations over again.
Gimble was nice and smooth afterwards.

Hope that's it.
The guy emailed today and said he found a new "trick" that might fix this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers