Sensor Limitation: Red Spots

Reaction score
are these spots just a limitation of the sensor on the P4? overall... it's working well... but there are these spots. the shot of austin was done in manual, AEB, RAW.
Defective? or normal? anyone? tried DNG cleaner... same result.
DJI_0070.jpg
DJI_0070a.jpg

thanks to anyone who has a suggestion...

I've flown over water on a few different occasions and have never seen this. I don't know much about these phantoms, but as a professional photographer / videographer I would say this is not normal.

Are they visible in any other shots?
If so, are they in the same location?
If they are, then it could be the sensor, hot spots or dead pixels.
need to see more images.

Last edited:
lol, this is normal and obvious those "spots" are things floating on the surface of the water :), can't believe some peoples fall for this hahaha ! :D

Absolutely Buoys! But for what?

thanks for the feedback everyone.... it was only in the one image. after further testing, just seems to be a limitation of the sensor at resolving fine detail from far away... not a huge deal. went back up and shot the images again and the red square pixels were gone the next time. overall, very happy with the P4. really hard to beat at the price point... just need/want the X5!
cheers!

yes... always knew they were buoys... just couldn't figure out why they were surrounded by a red pixel. they are there for UT rowing crew for lane markers...

Reactions: isopro
I took some pics with my Phantom 4 over town lake yesterday and they all have the same red dot issues.
I tried both ver1.0 and ver1.1 of the DJI DNG Cleaner and neither of those produce a DNG file that can be opened with Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom :(
I guess I could always just shoot JPG :-S

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik