sensor damaged need repair

Reaction score
I have just purchased a Vision and have very cautiously tested it and all seems OK apart from an erratic "sensor damaged need repair" message.

It always seems to clear eventually, so I suspect it could be local interference. Also..I have yet to upgrade to latest firmware which needs a more recent version of Mac OS than I currently have. I'm working on that!

Thoughts??

Not come across that one, does it give you a clue as to which component is dodgy?

As the aircraft uses various sensors in order to stop it from falling out of the sky or heading off at speed into the wide blue yonder I'd be very cautious, and if it's brand new I'd probably want to return it for a replacement rather than trouble-shooting errors like that from day one. Intermittent errors are the worst - you never know if/when they'll strike again. For $1200 personally I'd want it absolutely A1 out of the box before I flew it...

Wow..what a responsive community this is!

What may provide a clue is that the error only started to appear after I updated the firmware in the camera, which I was able to do via the sd card.

However, the firmware on the Phantom has yet to be upgraded because my version of Mac OS is too old.

I hope to upgrade the Mac in the next few hours, so I can upgrade the Phantom firmware, and will see if that fixes the error.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for your interest and concern!!!

What version of Mac OS was too old for the DJI Phantom Assistant for Mac?

Oh, the Mac way of saying 10.6?

Upgrading to the latest version (10.9) can have some problems, because that
system seems to have stripped out physical connections for syncing devices
in favor of syncing via the Cloud.

So, if you are not ready to have all of your data "exposed" in the Cloud, best
perhaps to stay with the "stable" pre-cloud 10.8.6 version.

So I have been told recently by somebody who went through upgrading
from 10.7 to 10.9 and then reverted back to 10.8.6. Of course, YMMV.

barneylodge said:
Wow..what a responsive community this is!

What may provide a clue is that the error only started to appear after I updated the firmware in the camera, which I was able to do via the sd card.

However, the firmware on the Phantom has yet to be upgraded because my version of Mac OS is too old.

I hope to upgrade the Mac in the next few hours, so I can upgrade the Phantom firmware, and will see if that fixes the error.

I'll keep you updated.

Thanks for your interest and concern!!!

Wait, it happened only after a camera firmware update?

Then the only sensors on that subsystem that I could think of are the photo-sensor that captures pictures.. or maybe the temperature sensors inside, since it seems to be a heat-sensitive area, seeing that they bothered to install a friggin noisy fan on the camera.

Why don't you try to trigger the error to take its screen capture to send back to DJI?
Take the propellers off, turn the phantom on and tilt it in every which way and change its altitude, etc

I have updated the firmware on the sd card a second time and the error no longer appears. Although I did so after updating my mac OS to Mountain Lion, I find it difficult to believe that would make a difference

Still cannot update main controller using my Mac and I have no friends or family with PC's. aaaagh

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik