Sensor Calibration ??

Reaction score
hey guys,

I am a new phantom 4 owner and have had no issues getting set up and in the air, with many thanks to this site. My question is, I've been exclusively on the DJI GO app however when I explored the DJI assistant desktop, I saw an option about sensor calibration. Can someone tell me why this wouldn't be an option on the mobile app. Is it needed periodically ? TIA

I think it has to do with the screen size in order to calibrate the bottom and front camera sensors. The cells, pads, and tablets are too small for the checkerboard pattern and holding the P4 at them to get the red and blue squares that appear to coincide. I don't know how often it should be done, but maybe after a firmware update? The Asssitant 2.0 seems to do a better job overall in more extensive calibration and registration, etc. than the small apps, imho.

Fwiw, my second P4 would not calibrate with the bottom camera with the Assistant 2.0 for some reason. It got exchanged, but the main camera was also bad. Third calibrated correctly with the bottom as did the first one. QC seems to be erratic with DJI.

I hope I don't have to calibrate them sensors...assistant 2 won't run on any of my computer's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Generally speaking I don't think you need to bother with that sensor calibration. Just test the obstacle avoidance. If OA works when you approach a wall, and, the elevation at 6' to 15' AGL is somewhat close, you're good. My PC has a hard time with digital assistant, it's a flakey app IMHO. I'm running win 7 on Haswell i5, should work, but it's flakey. It's very difficult to get it to calibrate, it takes a lot of attempts.

same here, i tried over and over to get it to work on my windows machine i use for video editing with a large 4k monitor, i thought it had something to do with my screen, when i took the P4 to my macbook w/ retina which is a couple years old, it worked fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie