Senior Citizen Would Be Quad Pilots

Reaction score
I am still looking for senior citizen would be quad pilots in the Homeland, California area so I am repeating my plea again.

Ladies and/or Gentlemen,

I am an 84 year old retired photographer living in Homeland, California. I am trying to start what I call the Over The Hill Multirotor Aircraft Association. It would be a new lease on life for retirees who don't want to just sit on a park bench and feed the ducks while they wait to go to the home . . . or die.

Flying radio controlled quadcopters is an exhilarating and rewarding experience. Mount a camera such as the GoPro 3 on a quadcopter such as the DJI Phantom and you become a videographer who can soar above the earth and see its true beauty through aerial videography.

The DJI Phantom is the most inovative quadcopter on the market and through CEO Colin Guinn's video tutorials and enthusiastic support of the product more and more people are discovering the Phantom and all that it can do. But that is only half the story. The elation comes from the spectacular high definition footage that the GoPro 3 camera can provide of the Earth far below the Phantom. I want to show retirees how the GoPro 3 mounted on the DJI Phantom can give their mind more freedom than most people know exists. With the GoPro 3 camera they can discover the true meaning of the phrase, "a bird's eye view".

Don't just sit and wait for that Grim Reaper. Do some reaping of your own. Reap the satisfying rewards of seeing what old, beautiful, Mother Earth looks like from a mile high in the sky. I need a walker to get around, but I can soar above the planet and see that beauty that most people do not even know exists.

Help me get the message across to retirees in my area that retiring isn't the end of their productive life. It can be the beginning of a whole new field of endeavor . . . aerial videography. If you are a senior citizen in the Homeland, California area and like what I have said here, please contact: [email protected]

I want old farts everywhere to join this old fart in forming the Over the Hill Multirotor Aircraft Association. We can't see the beauty of the far horizon unless we get off the ground.

Christopher R. Mohr Senior :)

Well I have a few years to go before I qualify for your club but I wish you every success in your quest :) The senior generation are almost done throwing all the kids out of Facebook so why should quads not be next :twisted:

Shrimpfarmer said:
Well I have a few years to go before I qualify for your club but I wish you every success in your quest :) The senior generation are almost done throwing all the kids out of Facebook so why should quads not be next :twisted:

Thank you for your reply Shrimpfarmer. If my project ever gets off the ground, so to speak, I think it can make a difference to a lot of seniors between lonliness and a way to be happy and productive in those so-called "Golden Years".

Too many disabled seniors feel glued to a wheelchair and would give anyting to see things at a normal eye level again. Flying a multirotor aircraft can take them beyond eye level and up to the clouds.

I'd like to suggest the following name:

'Fly Over the Hill Multirotor Aircraft Association' :)

And best of luck with your project... I'm cheering for it!

I'm in the same boat as Shrimpy -I fall into the "under-age - carded group" but I salute your idea. If I get out your way I'm going to look you up and I'll fly with ya...hell yeah!

EMCSQUAR said:
I'm in the same boat as Shrimpy -I fall into the "under-age - carded group" but I salute your idea. If I get out your way I'm going to look you up and I'll fly with ya...hell yeah!

Thanks EMCSQUAR. I hope we can get together sometime.

My wife comes from Minnesota and is she glad we moved to southern California. You poor guys are sure getting screwed by Mother Nature.

LeoS said:
I'd like to suggest the following name:

'Fly Over the Hill Multirotor Aircraft Association' :)

And best of luck with your project... I'm cheering for it!

That's a good name Leo, but I want to indicate that the pilots are over the hill. I think that may attract more interest from seniors.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

ChrisMohrSr said:
EMCSQUAR said:

My wife comes from Minnesota and is she glad we moved to southern California. You poor guys are sure getting screwed by Mother Nature.

We just work with what Mother Nature gives us -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYHqkEN ... ture=share

ChrisMohrSr said:
Thank you for your reply Shrimpfarmer. If my project ever gets off the ground, so to speak, I think it can make a difference to a lot of seniors between lonliness and a way to be happy and productive in those so-called "Golden Years".

Too many disabled seniors feel glued to a wheelchair and would give anyting to see things at a normal eye level again. Flying a multirotor aircraft can take them beyond eye level and up to the clouds.

I have no doubt your right. You might want to include a few young whippersnappers in your club as junior members in waiting. They can do all the running about fetching new batteries placing and retrieving the phantoms for your pilots. If I lived near you I would happily volunteer. The only problem is your Homeland security don't let the Brits through as quick as they used to :D

EMCSQUAR said:
ChrisMohrSr said:
EMCSQUAR said:

We just work with what Mother Nature gives us -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsYHqkEN ... ture=share

Trouble is, sometimes she can get just TOO generous.

Shrimpfarmer said:
ChrisMohrSr said:

I have no doubt your right. You might want to include a few young whippersnappers in your club as junior members in waiting. They can do all the running about fetching new batteries placing and retrieving the phantoms for your pilots. If I lived near you I would happily volunteer. The only problem is your Homeland security don't let the Brits through as quick as they used to :D

Yes, you are absolutely right. There is the question of that kind of assistance. But, with enough interest in the project I'm sure we could make it work.

Shrimpfarmer said:
EMCSQUAR said:

On behalf of the Scots I have serve upon you a cease and desist on your Nessie video. The Scots are the only ones allowed to pretend their is a Monster in their Loch :D

Sorry the locals around this lake in downtown Minneapolis have adopted Nessie and they have a winter version and a 30ft tall summer version. Noteably theirs is viewable almost 365 days.

EMCSQUAR said:
Sorry the locals around this lake in downtown Minneapolis have adopted Nessie and they have a winter version and a 30ft tall summer version. Noteably theirs is viewable almost 365 days.

Dam no wonder your getting all the tourists :lol:

Shrimpfarmer said:
EMCSQUAR said:

Dam no wonder your getting all the tourists :lol:

And they're English...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20