Sending in Phantom 4 for repair.

Reaction score
I would like to hear other people's experiences sending a product back to DJI for repair. I have had my Phantom 4 for just over two weeks and the last few times out flying I've been having issues. I have called tech support three times now. The first two times I believe I talked to the same person. After describing the problem the first time, he asked me if I took screen shots when the problem was happening. I said no. He said they would need screen shots to determine what the problem is. Which made no sense to me because I described the problem in detail and the screen shot would not have provided any additional information. I called again. Again he asked me for screen shots. I explained to him that when the drone is malfunctioning and I am trying not to crash it, it is kind of hard to get a screen shot at the same time. Especially for a novice like myself. So I called a third time. This time I spoke to a different person and I explained the problem. Again. He sent me an email with instructions on how to sync my flight logs and a PDF form asking me things like software version, flying conditions, error messages, etc. All of which I already went over in detail on multiple occasions. So I synced my flight logs and emailed back the form. Now I am waiting for a reply. Has anybody else had a similar experience with DJI? I am very discouraged right now. I feel like I made a bad decision doing business with this company.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

another satisfied dji customer :mad:

I called today for altitude problems and such so I have my UPS sticker and sending in on Monday as well. I did not have to go through everything that your talking about. I just called and must have talked to the right person.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hioefully you gave the person on the phone more detail than you have provided in your post.

Please tell us what the issue is you have experienced. Perhaps we can assist. It might be it is something you can easily resolve yourself or in the event it does need to.go in for repair we may be able.to narrow ut down and solve some issues in explanation or later diagnosis by DJI.

I wouldnt loose heart re your desision to go with a DJi product just yet. Seems the service has improved monumentally in recent times.

I already posted info on the issue I am having the other day. I got two responses. One of them said I should send it back to DJI. What is happening is that it is very unstable while flying. I had it at about 200 feet, let go of the sticks and it started dropping like a rock. About 50 feet in 10 seconds. If I didn't push up on the stick I think it would have crashed. When I have it hovering close to the ground it wanders all over the place and it tends to drift upwards. The altitude data way off. Sometimes it displays a negative number even though I am flying above level ground. Yesterday I had it hovering about 5 feet above the ground and the altitude was displaying an altitude of 211 feet. I have done all the calibrations several times and I am running the latest firmware.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

When you recalibrated the IMU's, did you insure the :phantom was on a PERFECTLY LEVEL surface? Just putting it on a flat surface in and of itself doesn't make it level. I learned that with my first Phantom 2 yrs ago

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic