Sending in bad battery??

Reaction score
I already posted a breif on my battery and what to do and I took action. But long story short:

So I just received my Phantom 4 Pro the other day and I talked to DJI about sending in my battery because when I received it, it was bulged and squishy. They gave me a shipping label to ship it in. The only problem is that the battery does not turn on, or even light up when pressed, charge, and is squishy and bulged. I'm not sure what to do as the guy said that the battery is able to be covered by warranty since it or the drone have not been activated yet. Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

I already posted a breif on my battery and what to do and I took action. But long story short:

So I just received my Phantom 4 Pro the other day and I talked to DJI about sending in my battery because when I received it, it was bulged and squishy. They gave me a shipping label to ship it in. The only problem is that the battery does not turn on, or even light up when pressed, charge, and is squishy and bulged. I'm not sure what to do as the guy said that the battery is able to be covered by warranty since it or the drone have not been activated yet. Does anyone have any advice on what to do?
I'm sure batt has 6months warranty from first activation,since it won't power on send it in,,its DOA (dead on arival) and not your fault,,,just send it off,,,,mayby some safe package might be needed if squishy, don't worrie if it not turn on,inspection of it will show it never used

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I'm sure batt has 6months warranty from first activation,since it won't power on send it in,,its DOA (dead on arival) and not your fault,,,just send it off,,,,mayby some safe package might be needed if squishy, don't worrie if it not turn on,inspection of it will show it never used
So even though the battery is damaged I can still send it in? DJI says not to ship damaged batteries

So even though the battery is damaged I can still send it in? DJI says not to ship damaged batteries
OK me just look and find this,,,there is a dangerous label but not sure how this work,,,,clearly states NO damaged batteries,,I had no idea sorry,,it's ok if they are cracked but not swollen,,,,,next advice from me is contact dji again and see what is recommended in this situation,,wonder why cracked ok but other damage not ok,,,I email dji and ask what goes on cause now me curious
Screenshot_20181231-082856.jpg
Screenshot_20181231-082842.jpg

OK me just email dji north America ,
My email just return saying now be reviewed so I send you what they reply to me with,,,I post as soon as I know,,,I metion you got shipping label but you got damaged goods which they not like so see what they say

Well it looks like the company that send me the bad battery is going to be sending me a new one free of charge. It just took them some time to get back to me. Much better than a two week delay from DJI

Great stuff I email dji but they not reply yet,,,useless service

Well it looks like the company that send me the bad battery is going to be sending me a new one free of charge. It just took them some time to get back to me. Much better than a two week delay from DJI
Hey I got a reply
20190103_081015.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20