Semi-bricked my controller trying to update, please help.

Reaction score
So, I have a P3A. I went from running 1.1.9 skipping 1.2 because of bugs, straight to 1.3.2. At that time, I was unable to update my controller and was told it was because I have the B controller which didn't need to be updated.
Flash forward to today, the release notes say that users MAY skip updating the controller, but I think, what the heck it's been quite a few revisions and maybe I should bring it current and allow for the FW to be updated from the app from now on, so I tried it.

- I tried it using the memory card I used to update the aircraft in a reader in the USB port, didn't work.
- I tried it with above mentioned memory card in the phantom, and directly plugged into the gimbal, didn't do anything.
- I tried a freshly formatted USB memory stick with the FW, didn't do anything.

Each time the blue light NEVER came on nor did the RC make any noises.
But now, when I turn it on, it beeps loudly about 6 times and flashes red.

I can connect it to the aircraft, arm the motors, fly it around, but I am not getting any live feed, any telemetry on the GO app (it's just dead), and can't figure out to proceed from here.

Any support immensely appreciated
sad.gif
huffy.gif

Well, what was it?! Maybe the next guy can use it.
Going to sound crazy but someone on the DJI forum recommended I just move the right stick around while the controller was booting up. It cleared the error and all works fine now.

Reactions: snerd

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj