selling phantom 3 advanced (really good condition)

I got everything in a bundle (minus case) for $1,200. Considering the condition it's in and it's used, I feel like around $800 would be reasonable. I left the price open for negotiation because I'm just trying to sell it

Last edited:
You can get one brand new at B&H for 800. Unfortunately for owners selling used now, you'll have to base the price off of current new value, not what you paid originally. From that standpoint, personally I wouldn't buy used for anything more than 500 bucks or so. Maybe more if a lot of extras were included or perhaps an antenna mod was done, or the hdmi board installed and working, or a couple extra batteries included besides the original.

Reactions: plxndr
You can get one brand new at B&H for 800. Unfortunately for owners selling used now, you'll have to base the price off of current new value, not what you paid originally. From that standpoint, personally I wouldn't buy used for anything more than 500 bucks or so. Maybe more if a lot of extras were included or perhaps an antenna mod was done, or the hdmi board installed and working, or a couple extra batteries included besides the original.
You are correct. Why should one pay full price for used ones when their condition is not known. All will say it's in very good condition. But then the question is how do we help them to sell their drones at good price. Who knows we are in the same boat tomorrow?

I bought mine used with a ton of extras last year and it has been an absolute champion in the air. Perfect bird that takes all updates without a hitch. The only drag is I can't rename it, lol. Point being, used can be a really good score if the seller is on the level.

To this seller I ask-

Firmware bird and rc and battery is on?
How many updates have been applied thus far?
Tilted gimbal horizon during flying, with your own video to show it's fine?
Any cracks developing?
Any crashes on the bird?
Flight records to show history?
Any outstanding problems or glitches to disclose?
How many flights on the battery?

I see it comes with a case. I have an idea what I would offer but I won't post it publicly. Depending on the answers, I'll pm if there's further interest. Good luck either way op. Sorry you're cashing out.

I'd be willing to go to $600. Truthfully speaking, I wasn't aware what would be a good base price, which was why I said it's up for negotiation. Thank you for the guidance!

You are correct. Why should one pay full price for used ones when their condition is not known. All will say it's in very good condition. But then the question is how do we help them to sell their drones at good price. Who knows we are in the same boat tomorrow?

I put a brief description because I was in a rush, but I'm more than happy to take additional photos to show its condition.

I bought mine used with a ton of extras last year and it has been an absolute champion in the air. Perfect bird that takes all updates without a hitch. The only drag is I can't rename it, lol. Point being, used can be a really good score if the seller is on the level.

To this seller I ask-

Any cracks developing?
Any crashes on the bird?

I see it comes with a case. I have an idea what I would offer but I won't post it publicly. Depending on the answers, I'll pm if there's further interest. Good luck either way op. Sorry you're cashing out.

Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.7.0060. Not sure what your question about the battery meant..

Three updates I believe (purchased in August 2015). There may have been one that I skipped because I didn't use it for awhile.

If you are interested in it, I will update the firmware and record that for you.

Any cracks developing?
No cracks, but there's one 'fault' on it as the result of crashing once. The plastic is slightly lifted, but I'm sure it can be easily fixed. I never tried in fear that I'd break something...
( http://i.imgur.com/44SPVsi.jpg )

Any crashes on the bird?
Just one. The wind made it go into a tree branch and it fell in the woods. The only damage done was what you can see from the previous question. Not sure if you'd count this, but the propellers have grass stains from the crash, but I still have the extra pair unused.

Truthfully speaking, I might've cleared it. This was my first and only drone, so out of the 20 (?) flights I had, there wasn't a lot done. I probably only flew it for an hour or a little over that total.... I got bored with the scenery where I live and when I did travel, I was too nervous to fly it.

Nope!

20 or less... Most were around 10 minutes or under. I may have flown it 15 minutes one of the first times I used it.

Aesthetically speaking, the case has a few nicks on the front, from the brick at my house, but that's the only thing wrong with it.
Hope this helps! Feel free to pm if there's anything you do not want to disclose publicly.

Out of your 20 or so flights, approximately which one was the crash and were there subsequent, problem free flights that showed the bird to not be affected at all?

I would say it was my 5th..? There is no known damage from the flight, other than the photo above. All of my flights after were problem free :)

*Edit: I just checked some videos I have on YouTube and I actually got it in early July, rather than August.

Last edited:
Perhaps I should consider selling my new P3P (just replaced under warranty) along with 5 batteries, battery hub charger, hard case and more for $1200.

I say knock off $100 for the crash and at $500 it will sale fast.
Even with the extra battery and case? I'd like to get at least $600 from it. I can post more photos, but it's pretty much in new condition.

With a crash and 1 year old I'd say 350

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The crash did little damage to it....not really noticeable. How would it only be $350? I am fairly certain that someone who takes apart drones could fix the plastic piece that's protruding..

Perhaps I should consider selling my new P3P (just replaced under warranty) along with 5 batteries, battery hub charger, hard case and more for $1200.

Lol, you should do it quickly then.

I paid $800 for this one only 5 flights on it rc has dbs mod on it
2016-03-25 16.12.21.jpg

With a crash and 1 year old I'd say 350

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
If he gives me £100, I will take it off his hands. [emoji12] J/k
I am looking to buy a advance in the UK

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Identical to mine minus the mod.

I appreciate everyone's help today!

put it on craigs list at your asking $ or higher.
Most folks not involved on forums etc will not be as aware of price changes so much as people here.
someone out there is looking to get a starter or backup drone for less than "new" and will by it

I have sold 4 or 5 phantoms the last year without much trouble getting close to asking.

Good luck

If he gives me £100, I will take it off his hands. [emoji12] J/k
I am looking to buy a advance in the UK

This almost works... I'm visiting England in June/July.

put it on craigs list at your asking $ or higher.
Most folks not involved on forums etc will not be as aware of price changes so much as people here.
someone out there is looking to get a starter or backup drone for less than "new" and will by it

I have sold 4 or 5 phantoms the last year without much trouble getting close to asking.

Good luck

I made a post on Reddit at the same time as this yesterday and I'm getting quite a few replies now. Thanks for the advice!

If you still have it when you come to England, then let me know.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj