Selecting 4K 4096x2160 Disables P4P Gimbal

Reaction score
When I select the 4096x2160 4K mode on the Phantom 4 Pro the app displays "No Image Transmission Signal", the gimbal resets, the mode goes back to UHD (3840x2160), and the gimbal rotates from side to side. The aircraft has to be power cycled to recover gimbal control.

I don't use true 4K often, but this was for a movie shoot today. The aircraft is a replacement from DJI two weeks ago, guess I should have tested every possible configuration!

Fortunately, my old backup P4P worked fine in 4K.

Reactions: Tech
Looks like firmware glitch. I’d reinstall as doubt hardware. Did you try a different sd card? Sounds weird but they can cause weird.

Sounds like you’re a filmmaker so I don’t mean to preach. :). I like using 4K all the time because it gives me the extra resolution for cropping and stabilization (which causes some cropping) and then I output in 1080p. If I record in 1080p and then stabilize I’m ending up with something less than 1080p.

When I select the 4096x2160 4K mode on the Phantom 4 Pro the app displays "No Image Transmission Signal", the gimbal resets, the mode goes back to UHD (3840x2160), and the gimbal rotates from side to side. The aircraft has to be power cycled to recover gimbal control.

I don't use true 4K often, but this was for a movie shoot today. The aircraft is a replacement from DJI two weeks ago, guess I should have tested every possible configuration!

Fortunately, my old backup P4P worked fine in 4K.

Hi! Did you get this fixed? and if so, how please? Many thanks!

I’ve developed the same issue!
My post on DJI forum today. Waiting on a response.
“Can no longer select 4096X2160 resolution. After a
couple seconds it highlights the choice but get a
warning at top of screen "No Transmission Signal" then
defaults back to previous selection. All other selections
below the highest setting work fine. Tried different
cables and storage cards. Also did factory reset and
reinstalled latest firmware and it actually fixed it but
has gone back to not being able to select it again.
Noticed camera also acts weird after trying to make
the selection, it starts panning and slowly drifting to
one side.”

feel your pain. still have problem here … have you a link to the DJI forum post you created?

feel your pain. still have problem here … have you a link to the DJI forum post you created?

Ended up rolling back firmware and appears to have fixed the problem. Gonna try to flash latest version eventually.

Attachments

• IMG_6486.jpg
    IMG_6486.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6487.jpg
    IMG_6487.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 96
Ended up rolling back firmware and appears to have fixed the problem. Gonna try to flash latest version eventually.
This smelled like a firmware update SNAFU. I was planning on asking if you updated recently. Except I thought someone reported it a year ago.

This smelled like a firmware update SNAFU. I was planning on asking if you updated recently. Except I thought someone reported it a year ago.
Have had the issue for several months but just lived with it. I had previously did a factory reset then reinstalled latest firmware which fixed it but after awhile it acted up again. Could not get that process to take again. The rollback worked but would like to use the latest version. If it’s corrupted after flashing current version, I’ll be at a loss.

Have had the issue for several months but just lived with it. I had previously did a factory reset then reinstalled latest firmware which fixed it but after awhile it acted up again. Could not get that process to take again. The rollback worked but would like to use the latest version. If it’s corrupted after flashing current version, I’ll be at a loss.
Just curious, what’s in the new version that you’d like to have?

01.05.0600 or what ever is current. Like to stay updated for bug fixes even though new versions can be buggy as well. Don’t like the update nag either but some people claim they can’t take-off til they do the update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues