Seeking advice for Video

Reaction score
Hello! Found myself looking around at videos shot via UAV's (Phantoms / Others)... I'm noticing that many of the videos are shot in 60 frames per second... and I'm wondering if there is an advantage to that? From a ground based video frame of mind, I'd want to shoot @ 24 frames per second... but, as I'm a still learning P3P pilot.. I'm wondering... why? I suppose I could capture in 60 and output in 24, but don't have much experience with 60 except to allow for a bit of slo mo during editing.. ?

- What do you shoot in? Auto or ?
- Are you shooting in 4k and converting via Sony/Premiere etc to 1080? (My reasonably good HP laptop gets a bit choked up with 4K) I have Sony Movie Studio Platinum (basic, but works OK).
- Do you have any tips/techniques that you find helpful?

I just received some ND and POL filters for the phantom.. I suppose I could slow down shutter via an ND to reduce sharpness, but had some aspirations for photos with the filters as well.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Reactions: Roboionator
You might use 60 fps if you intend to slow down the speed of playback, but it won't help you if you just plain render at lower fps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic