SEE PIC - Phantom 3S - black gap between shell near front screws/ Help

Reaction score
This is my 3rd phantom 3 first one went back as it cracked.

The other one was used with gaps worse than this new one.

The shop replaced it with a new sealed one which all seems ok.

But.. I can see a black part in between the shell right where the front of the motor arm screw is. 2 of the arms show this the 2 front ones are fine.

Has anyone seen this on theirs or seen this before?

There's no cracks or anything and nothing is loose.

See pic -
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453647312.910872.jpg

250flyer, I don't think it's anything to worry about...it's just where the halves come together, maybe a tab that fits into the other joined half of the shell. I only have 1 arm that has this. I've had 6 flights on her already.

Attachments

• 20160124_101035.jpg
    20160124_101035.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 337
Reactions: 250Flyer
I have 2 arms like it out of the box. But like I said all seems fine and screwed down correctly.

I'm going to do my first maiden flight now after the latest update.

This will be my first proper flight, I'm gonna be gentle.

Thanks for your reply.

Anyone else?

No worries. On my 3rd flight, I was tossing her around in the sky like there was no tomorrow. They fly really well. Now don't fly like that right away....get used to the flight characteristics first and be gentle. Good luck and have fun.

Reactions: 250Flyer
I have NO arms that look like that. However... it looks like it was intentional (made that way). I wouldn't fret about it.
Good luck on your first flight. Yes, gentle will be fun.

No worries. On my 3rd flight, I was tossing her around in the sky like there was no tomorrow. They fly really well. Now don't fly like that right away....get used to the flight characteristics first and be gentle. Good luck and have fun.
Thanks a lot Mitch.

First proper flight (17 mins) just gentle flight 200ft up, I've found a great place to fly not too far from my house. It has a lot of free space surrounded by empty overgrown bushes, tree's etc...

All went well and the footage is stunning.

I also gave the props a quick balance on the dubro truspin balancer before first flight.

No gaps or cracks on my Standard after more than 20 hours in the air.

It's minor.

Just wanted to make sure it was not only me [emoji106]

It doesn't effect the arms, frame or anything else.. everything is torqued down as it should be.

First 17 min flight all went well, so stable and video is stunning

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20