Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Sedona Arizona Snow, Oak Creek Canyon, Midgley Bridge

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by knuckles, Jan 11, 2015.

1. knuckles

This was a bit challenging to get up to the mountains to fly New Years weekend where there was just a huge snowstorm in northern Arizona which closed some highways. I found some good spots to fly around Sedona, Arizona, Oak Creek Canyon and Midgley Bridge. I had a very difficult time landing once in high gusty winds at the snowy roadside with trees near. I had to make a few passes getting my Phantom up higher in the air then attempting again a few times. You won't see this in the video as I left it out and the gimbal does it's job with smooth video in high winds otherwise. This is a beautiful area to get to fly. I hope you enjoy the video.

filmed around 2-3 days New Years Day 2015 after a huge snowstorm in northern Arizona. Average temp in the morning was 12-20
    degrees during flights.

Video Features: Aerial view of Oak Creek Canyon north of Sedona over
    Slide Rock park, Midgley Bridge and some red rock areas.

I hope you enjoy watching. Comments are Welcome. Thank you

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fitR8RBMH6g[/youtube]

Please subcribe to my YouTube or Vimeo channel. It would be appreciated :) Don't forget to watch in HD!

2. knuckles

thanks to those that subscribed to my YouTube channel. My Vimeo channel is at https://vimeo.com/boundsabove

Those were some memorable flights for me in that video not only for the scenery but for the challenge during a few of the flights. Extreme cold wind at times besides the snow and ice I had to go through to get there. It was so cold one morning that my windshield split in half with a crack. I have since replaced it.

I hope some of you guys enjoyed the video. thanks :cool: