Security response to V+ at Gatwick

CmB

Reaction score
This is just a heads up to anyone flying out of the UK and taking their a Phantom with you.

When it went through the x-Ray at Gatwick their response was this: absolutely bloomin nothing at all, not even one comment or question.

My V+ was packed into a Go Professional backpack (at the size limit for carry on). The 3 batteries were not in Lipo bags but were in the slots in the pre- cut foam. I did not even have to unzip the backpack.......nothing !!

Considering all the fuss at the moment around electronic devices etc I was really surprised that they couldn't have cared less. The backpack also contained 2 chargers, wind meter, 8 remote batteries, tracker etc etc and still nothing.

Just thought I would let any UK peeps going abroad that there doesn't seem to be an issue with taking them on board a flight.
I flew to Gozo by the way (flying to the States may have a different outcome especially at the US side)

But you never know when you can run into an ******* who's working in the airport that has had a bad day. Ive never had a problem or even read of one but with the new security measures just make sure you have everything charged to show them it can turn on. Good to read your positive post though.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
But you never know when you can run into an ******* who's working in the airport that has had a bad day. Ive never had a problem or even read of one but with the new security measures just make sure you have everything charged to show them it can turn on. Good to read your positive post though.

Running into a miserable security person is always going to be an issue :| . I'm just glad they didn't seem interested at all. Mind you I was so hoping that they were going to ask me to power up the Phantom to prove it worked :D . That would have been amusing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1