Securing P3 gimbal

Reaction score
I have not been able to find any info on this anywhere and maybe I was doing it wrong on my P2 and should not have used all 4 of the lock pins to hod my gimbal on but I did and I noticed with the new P3pro it comes with only 2 of the pins in place that secure the gimbal onto the phantom, there are 2 more that come with it, are these just back ups for if you take them off or crash and they break or should I put the other 2 on and fly with all 4 always?

I have not been able to find any info on this anywhere and maybe I was doing it wrong on my P2 and should not have used all 4 of the lock pins to hod my gimbal on but I did and I noticed with the new P3pro it comes with only 2 of the pins in place that secure the gimbal onto the phantom, there are 2 more that come with it, are these just back ups for if you take them off or crash and they break or should I put the other 2 on and fly with all 4 always?
2 is right-- the spares are just that-- if you have to take the camera off and put it back on--- those plastic pins are almost impossible to get out unless you cut them. Some suggest putting plastic zip ties through the other two holes just for safety-- but they have to be loose and not binding-- if the gimbal is not allowed to hang freely, you will get vibration which will result in poor video quality. Some one on a previous post had had put the two extra pins in the other holes and discovered that it impacted the video quality.

wow very interesting, do you have a link to the other thread? id love to read about this other persons experience

wow very interesting, do you have a link to the other thread? id love to read about this other persons experience
Sorry, I don't have-- you will have to do a search.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl