Secure Gimbal in a Case

Reaction score
I have a great Go Professional case and a Phantom 2 with Gimbal. How do you secure the gimbal with or without the Gopro attached? I use my case on the back of an Adventure Motorcycle and it can cause a lot of vibration when I go off road. When I jump the bike (small jumps) I need the gimbal secure. The plastic piece I found online is not enough. It goes from the landing gear to the motor of the gimbal. Seems like there would be something to support on sides and bottom.

Any Ideas and help would be much appreciated. I have already broken on gimbal.

Thanks

You could cut a piece of foam that fits around the camera and place it in the center of the spot where the Phantom goes. Or, a messier option, pack the case with foam peanuts after you insert your Phantom.

Or, maybe something even easier -- wrap a strap around the gimbal lock after it's attached so it cannot fall off.

Guessing you have something like this:

290x218_2707177_7206764_1421881679.jpg

It's not the most secure. There are better ones out there.

:D
I know you don't have a Vision, but you could DIY a foam support for your GoPro between the camera and a Fastsmiles camera guard. That piece takes the weight off the rubber dampeners and keeps the camera still. I take mine in a GPC backpack, works for me!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 388

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.