Section 107 waiver process is awful

Reaction score
I'm sure many of you are commercial operators and make money off your drones like myself. Hopefully many of you have your section 107 as well. I know this is subject to change but the process to get a waiver takes a minimum of 3 weeks and sometimes up to 3 months! Are you kidding me?

I'm curious if others are successfully filing waivers for their commercial work?

I've had 1 successful waiver filed and it was for the MN Vikings.

You can check that out here-
AV News: Droning U.S. Bank Stadium

Waivers or Authorizations? I received a Class D authorization in 3 weeks. Just applied for a waiver in the same space and was told it would be end of July for approval most likely.

BTW - listen to KFAN from Arizona every day. Doesn't sound good for AP this year!

Reactions: SkyCandyStudios
Nice, getting a waiver is my issue. Mostly for night flying. Looks like your a local guy here in Mpls. Do you work for KFAN?

Nice, getting a waiver is my issue. Mostly for night flying. Looks like your a local guy here in Mpls. Do you work for KFAN?
Yeah, the consensus is waivers are taking a long time right now.

I lived in the Twin Cities my entire life (39 years) and just moved to AZ 2 years ago. I'm a big Vikes/Wild fan and listen to KFAN every day on the Internet.

I applied a few weeks ago for a class C waiver for a year. This morning I chatted via email with an FAA official about the details. Looks like I'm gonna get more than I asked for! I haven't got it yet, but looks he's gonna give me a radius around PDX (instead of a small radius to the south) and a 200 ft AGL instead of 125 like I asked for. Super excited to see how this turns out.

I applied a few weeks ago for a class C waiver for a year.

Thinking about doing the same. Did you have a VO in you submital? Or any extras like 50' over buildings, so you could do roof inspections on tall office buildings?

Thinking about doing the same. Did you have a VO in you submital? Or any extras like 50' over buildings, so you could do roof inspections on tall office buildings?

No and no:)

It looks like I'm going to get 200 feet AGL, which I will be fine with. 90% of my work is done @ 100 feet AGL.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4