Secondary View while in flight questions

Reaction score
I work for Pokice department in Arizona. We have 2 phantoms and an inspire. I'm looking for a simple way for a 3rd party to view and possibly DVR footage in real time (or close to) as the drone is in flight. Is there a receiver that we can hook up to a monitor or dvr in a nearby command post ? Can a 2nd controller be used as a receiver so that they can view what the operator/pilot is seeing On his/her control screen?

You can't hook up a monitor directly or connect a second controller. There has been some previous discussion on the forum of apps that allow you to send the signal from your tablet to another device as well as using the hdmi module. Take a few to search using something like 'secondary monitor or device".

I work for Pokice department in Arizona. We have 2 phantoms and an inspire. I'm looking for a simple way for a 3rd party to view and possibly DVR footage in real time (or close to) as the drone is in flight. Is there a receiver that we can hook up to a monitor or dvr in a nearby command post ? Can a 2nd controller be used as a receiver so that they can view what the operator/pilot is seeing On his/her control screen?
Use Litchi app on iOS, there is a possibility to share the video stream to a nearby Litchi Vue app.

You can DVR the footage inline via HDMI cable by adding a hdml cloner box. Then from the hdml cloner box hook up external monitor via HDMI.

Well the most simple way is to stream it live to a private YouTube "event" so only authorized users can view.

Other methods depend on the situation of the operator. Does he operate from a stationary "ground station" with access to AC power, or is he mobile? That makes all the difference in the world regarding what's possible.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4