Second Remote for P4... Options?

Reaction score
Love my P4 and want to keep it as stock as possible.

I'd like to get a second remote to use when there is a lot of interference or I need long range... I would also like to add an hdmi board.

Can I use any P3 P/A controller such as those sold on eBay? Any issues that I should be aware of? Can I use an Inspire remote?

I realize that the A-S-P switch in the P4 remote is labeled different on the P3 remotes but will work the same. Any other conflicts?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You can use a P3P/P3A/Inspire remote controller. The only thing you'll need to do is bind the remote controller each time you switch remote controllers.

Not sure what you want to accomplish by adding a second remote. The second remote could be used as a backup in the event the other one goes bad. Wouldn't accomplish anything to extend the range though. The remote autoscans to find the best signal. Not sure if it keeps scrambling to find the best channel after it locks in. You can also set the channel manually as well from what I can recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not planning on using both at same time... I'd like to have a second remote that has DBS or FPVLR boosted antennae set up. I want to keep the original remote stock so that when ( not if;) ) something goes wrong with the modded one I will still have the good original remote to use.

You can use a P3P/P3A/Inspire remote controller. The only thing you'll need to do is bind the remote controller each time you switch remote controllers.

So the PAF switch on the P3 controller will have the same function as the PSA switch on the P4 controller if you bind it to the P4 bird?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Excellent ... So if I buy an Inspire remote I can put the antenna mod on it, the hdmi port is already on it, and I could fly my P4 with it after I bind it to the new remote? I'm assuming the range on an inspire remote is similar to the P3P stock?

Thanks again in advance

So the PAF switch on the P3 controller will have the same function as the PSA switch on the P4 controller if you bind it to the P4 bird?
Yes.

Reactions: WWK888
Excellent ... So if I buy an Inspire remote I can put the antenna mod on it, the hdmi port is already on it, and I could fly my P4 with it after I bind it to the new remote?
Yes.

Not planning on using both at same time... I'd like to have a second remote that has DBS or FPVLR boosted antennae set up. I want to keep the original remote stock so that when ( not if;) ) something goes wrong with the modded one I will still have the good original remote to use.

I would then go with a P4 controller so you get the boost and same full functionality of the original P4 you're going to preserve. Plus eliminates the confusion of switching around from one layout controller to another.

Ramphex,

I would do that but can't find any source for a P4 controller and there are lots of discounted P3 and Inspire controllers available.

I would then go with a P4 controller so you get the boost and same full functionality of the original P4 you're going to preserve. Plus eliminates the confusion of switching around from one layout controller to another.

That is why I asked the question if you bind the P3 controller with the P4 if the PAF switch will act like the PSA on the P4 controller. According to MSinger, it will.

I have my modded P3 remote with DBS Itlite antenna. I had to buy a dang remote off of eBay to bind then put in the box to return for an upgrade. It cost me $120 and a life lesson lol. Anyway I will upgrade tonight if all goes well, in the next few days I'll test between the two, one with the mod and stock. Im not as crazy as some of these guys, it won't be anything but some test in medium density areas, nothing wide open or in city, I'm saying it won't be what some guys want but I will try and get a real sense of how the mod helps or not

Does the p3 remote need to be updated with p4 remote firmware for it to work on the p4? Could I also use the p4 remote on a p3 without a problem?

5846bd2f90f594916e8c7e8e4bda6742.jpg

Did exactly what you said, now I have 2 P4 remotes!

Reactions: madaerial
5846bd2f90f594916e8c7e8e4bda6742.jpg

Did exactly what you said, now I have 2 P4 remotes!

Awesome!!!! My second remote is at MaxxUAV right now having install done.... Pushed stock TX out to 10500' so far but pretty sure I can get more in better environment.... Can't wait to get the new setup so I can compare the 2!

Good luck with the new rig!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1