Second Drone , wedding photography

Erotic Panda said:
PhantomFanatic said:
If photos are all you are concerned about, both the vision plus and the Inspire, shoot at 12MP. So, in terms of megapixels, they would be the same.

Wow!digital

The level of photography knowledge is just off the hook here. The MP are the same so the quality should be the same!

So the quality of the photos taken with my 5.6MP camera must be inferior to any GoPro/Vision/Inspire camera, right? (just using your "logic" after all)
Lol, MP has something to do with it but having a sharp & properly exposed image is most important. We had the first digital DSLR from Cannon. (30D) It had a whopping 3.1 mp. We printed 16x20's with ease with it. As long as the images are exposed properly, It sure is nice though to have the camera with the most :D

So just get a second p2v+ if I need a second unit for now . I'd like to see what new camera will be built for the inspire 2 or even a replacement to screw into the inspire 1 .

ianwood said:
I wouldn't touch the Inspire for at least 6 months after it becomes generally available. That is unless you like paying a lot of money to beta test. And if your goal is to film, you're better off with a P2 and GoPro Hero 4. It'll be a long time before DJI tunes their imaging capabilities to achieve what you can in Protune right now. Every Inspire video I've seen so far has issues.

+1
They have not even delivered yet, and they have quality control issues...

http://www.quadcopterguide.com/inspire-1-delayed-by-dji-for-quality-control-issues/

I can smell something .....

"there were unavoidable circumstances that prevented our best work from being completed."

Bigdz said:
On the DJI website they have the PV2+ specs for the camera at 14mp not 12mp...

You are correct... But once you crop to 16:9 to get rid of the arms and props, it essentially is 12mp.

And if you are into stills on the PV2P then make sure you leave your FPV in wide mode. This will reflect closest to the actual shot. This is because the camera will always use the entire sensor to take photos. What you see on your FPV is NOT what you get when you download the actual photo.

See my links above. It's 100% illegal in the US. If you want to do anything for commercial purposes, you must file an exemption request with the FAA.

I'm no propaganda minister. Just trying to help people out since many are misinformed (like yourself).

Am I reading the rules correctly that even with an exemption from the FAA, part of that is you have to be licensed aircraft pilot?

even with an exemption from the FAA, part of that is you have to be licensed aircraft pilot
Correct. You must have at least a recreational or sport pilot license -- as well as a valid driver's license.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues