Second day..crash

Reaction score
had a very minor mishap.. About 6 ft off the ground, go to close to a tree and started to munch some leaves and went down. The only question is...the bird did not turn off. I could hear it still spinning. I turned off the remote and ran to the bird to turn it off. No damage..a little mud on it but put it right back in the air. Why did it not turn off. Is it supposed to if it goes down? Should I check anything out or recalibrate anything?

Thanks for the help..this is a blast

it won't turn off by it self u have to turn it off.

You should do a CSC to kill the motors instantly.

Always turn off your Phantom before you turn off the remote controller. If you turn the remote controller off first, your Phantom could start returning home since the remote controller signal will be lost.

Shutting off the remote with motors running might make it fly straight up and try to return home if phantom is a distance away from home point.

Thank you guys....still learning. These are all great tips. Hard not to panic when you new toy goes down the first time

What is CSC?
You should do a CSC to kill the motors instantly.

Always turn off your Phantom before you turn off the remote controller. If you turn the remote controller off first, your Phantom could start returning home since the remote controller signal will be lost.

CSC is when you put both of your joysticks to the lower inside corners. You can do other sides, but this you will remember. Don't,................ just put the left hand joystick down for 2-3 seconds.....

Matt, please read the manual,,,,,, Read these sites, Don't go out of beginner mode until you can fly in wide open space and feel like you know what your doing. Go to atti mode and fly with that (in real wide open areas)......... you will benefit from that.............

CSC is when you put both of your joysticks to the lower inside corners. You can do other sides, but this you will remember. Don't,................ just put the left hand joystick down for 2-3 seconds.....
So..just like the start up? You are saying do not turn off rotors by holding the left stick in down position...why?

Reactions: Louis_Eng
Start up is CSC,,, Don't use that for shut down. Just hold down the left stick for 2-3 seconds. That is the best way to turn it off.

In an emergency situation like you had, a CSC is instant. The left stick down can take 3 seconds to kill the motors. Probably what he means.

Thank you all..I will find a more open are and fly in ATTI mode. I got a little cocky I guess. I am fine fly in I the forward piston but when I turn the thing towards me I keep forgetting the controls or the opposite..I need to practice. I am just glad I didn't damage my new friend

it will take time but you will get used to flying it toward you

Soo.. I guess you guys wouldn't recommend a night flight?
OH NNNOOOOO!!! not yet anyway! I won't even try Naz-M mode yet (don't ask).
As your next post said "just kidding", I got a laugh out of that!
Also, try and stay calm when things go bad, like a crash, and remember the sticks are your friend for stopping the motors.
Like others have said, do NOT turn off the remote!!! It could trigger a RTH (return to home), and would try and accend to 60+ feet... just make things worse after a crash.

Believe me, I am learning too! Both the easy way (by trying) and the hard way (by crashing).
Always wait for the GPS lock and calibrate your compass... some say each time and others say just when you change locations. I would do it just for practice and habit though. Doesn't hurt!

Keep your props up!

Reactions: Michaelangelo
OH NNNOOOOO!!! not yet anyway! I won't even try Naz-M mode yet (don't ask).
As your next post said "just kidding", I got a laugh out of that!
Also, try and stay calm when things go bad, like a crash, and remember the sticks are your friend for stopping the motors.
Like others have said, do NOT turn off the remote!!! It could trigger a RTH (return to home), and would try and accend to 60+ feet... just make things worse after a crash.

Believe me, I am learning too! Both the easy way (by trying) and the hard way (by crashing).
Always wait for the GPS lock and calibrate your compass... some say each time and others say just when you change locations. I would do it just for practice and habit though. Doesn't hurt!

Keep your props up!
Thank you. I am getting in the habit of calibrating each time...you have to keep your sense of humor with these things..after all , they are for enjoyment. Thank you for the kind reply

You are VERY welcome Matt !
Yes, these are for enjoyment, and BOY are they FUN!!!!
A crash is going to happen sooner or later... it's just part of the game, but can be pricey!
I am itching to fly again, but with this SoCal weather (hot and a little breeze for me yet), I have been grounded... dang it!

These things (the P2/3's) are really advanced with all the capabilities.. GPD/compass/gyro/altimeter... really amazing all they can do!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20