Seahorse SE920 case cutting the foam

Reaction score
I am purchasing a Seahorse SE920 case for my phantom 3 Professional.
can anyone help me on a good configuration on cutting the foam out to fit my phantom 3
and remote & accessories. If possible, does anyone have a pdf or scan file to use as a template, This would help solve a lot problems with trial and error cuts.

Thanks
Sleekdog

Have you considered buying a Microraptor Pro case? It's the same case, but the interior is already pre-cut and is very well made. It's only about $75 more -- if that's worth the hassle in trying to pluck your own foam.

Last edited:
same deal w/ TradeCraft, excellent quality and slightly cheaper than Microraptor .

Thanks so far with info on purchasing another case that has the foam pre cut, but this was not what I started this post asking. I would like to save 75 to 100 dollars, and I am sure other posters would also. If we find a template to make the cuts.

I just bought one as well. Just Google pics for Seahorse phantom 3. Got lots of great layout ideas from the pics.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1440812887.143723.jpg

Here's my Seahorse 920. I picked and plucked mine this afternoon.

Irix guy on YouTube has a good tutorial I watched beforehand.

Reactions: bobmyers
I put mine in the center -- gives me the option on leaving the props on if I want. Controller and two batteries on the left, two batteries on the right, slot for Charger on the right and slot for ipad on the right end.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 359
Good for you! I did mine so could leave the props on. And a slot for my snap on guards :)

I bought this case a couple of months ago, and I've been too busy, lazy, and overthinking the configuration before I start plucking. I like the idea of centering it for props-on option (even though I'll probably take them off most of the time)

I thought I read somewhere about something that can be sprayed over the foam to colorize, and stiffen it a bit from pulling apart. Anybody know what that is? How is the foam holding up for you so far? Any regrets or lessons learned from how you configured yours? Thanks!

I did see one good suggestion on how to "fill" the Seahorse. A picture showed how the telescoping handle has a raised section in the bottom of the case. If you turn the Phantom one way, it is on top of that part, if you turn it the other way it will straddle that part of the case. So far, the Seahorse is my choice. I have a huge Pelican but I think I will leave it for my photo gear, although I rarely use that large case. i have no issue with plucking the foam out and customizing the case. I saw a suggestion about using toothpicks to mark the corners for plucking. I wouldn't be happy with a preformed core as I would be fretting about the smallest wasted space and I would end up chopping up the foam anyway. Some sellers have the yellow one cheaper. The one review I saw on YouTube said he chose yellow for visibility. I think the orange would be as visible. I am not keen on yellow unless it is my Dewalt :)

Also, if you line up the props, the Phantom will fit in the case without having to take the props off, per what I read.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.