SDcard

Reaction score
Does the + only accept the SD card that comes with it? I've attempted to use a different card (64GB) and it gave me an SD card error on the screen.
Thanks in advance!

I heard you could try formatting in FAT and it might work. Of course you are limited to a 4GB file, but that shouldn't be an issue based on the flying time.

I heard you could try formatting in FAT and it might work. Of course you are limited to a 4GB file, but that shouldn't be an issue based on the flying time.

32GB is the max size that the Phantom can use.

But your card is not useless. You can resize the card by changing the partition size.

I used Partition Wizard to resize a 64GB down to a 32GB and it works fine in my Phantom.

BTW, I did some speed tests with the various cards I have, and the 4GB Sandisk card that came with my Phantom is slow as molasses. It took over twice as long to write a file to it than my next slowest card. My fastest card was over 3x as fast.

Just out of curiosity, why would you ever need a 64 GB card on the P2V+? Ten minutes of video at 1080P 30fps only takes about 1 GB. If you're lucky enough to get 20 minutes of video out of a battery, that's 2GB per battery, or 32 batteries worth of memory.

Ron

PhillipFry said:
BTW, I did some speed tests with the various cards I have, and the 4GB Sandisk card that came with my Phantom is slow as molasses. It took over twice as long to write a file to it than my next slowest card. My fastest card was over 3x as fast.

I'm not sure if this is the same for Vision+ camera but Sandisk has one of the worst quality for HD video or picture transfer rate. So, GoPro actually don't list them in "recommended" list. If you buy Lexar Pro or similar higher quality & price, you'll actually see the difference.
Good way to test it is put the card in camera with burst mode. After trying it with any Sandisk vs Lexar or other cards, you'll see a difference.
I say expensive but 32GB Lexar is US$35 on amazon ^_^

Lexar High-Performance microSDHC 633x 32GB UHS-I Flash Memory Card LSDMI32GBBNL633R by Lexar http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IF4OC8Y/ref ... Ztb1ZY9J5T

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20