SD cards

Reaction score
Going to buy a p4p. Some bundles come with 64 cards with a U with a 1 in it and some with a 3 in it. Is one worse than the other?

Yes that card is junk if it's like the bundle I got from Beach a Camera and didn't work AT ALL!

I figure if they throw them in basically for free, they cant be too good.

UHS1 was the fastest available last time I looked at the standards- probably 6 months ago.

You don't need anything particularly fancy for the P4- younwouldnhave trouble finding one that won't work from any of the name brand suppliers. Plenty of Chinese rubbish (including counterfeit) crap won't work. If it seems like a ridiculous bargain it probably will give you problems.

The card that came with mine was a Sony UHS1 which is probably why it didn't work. UHS3 is MUCH faster and best for 4k video.

The card that came with mine was a Sony UHS1 which is probably why it didn't work. UHS3 is MUCH faster and best for 4k video.
Much faster is of relative insignificance. DJI specified UHS-1 (I suspect they mean UHS-I). Yes, the recently available UHS-III is faster. A decent UHS-I card can do over 100MB/sec if DDR50 is supported. The problem is the standards apply to describe greatly different possible performance within each class and not all cards are equal. As long as they can support 100Md/s (12MB/s) plus a little for overhead they will work just fine. No need to pay for extra speed that won't be used.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj