SD card won't stay in.

Reaction score
Based on what I've seen in here I need to ship the thing back to DJI. I bought the drone second hand off a buddy whom do I ship it back to and what am I looking at cost to repair it? Any help much appreciated.

Have you tried more than one
I have with hopes of it being the card but unfortunately that is not the case. I just got done with a chat with DJI and they suggested to push in harder which was just silly. They gave me the email address for support so I'm waiting to hear back from them on whats next.

Some times I need to use a finger nail to get to lock in. Try something smaller than your finger.

I must be missing some previous entries on this thread - the first I see was sent today at 4:56 - but are you saying the SD card will not STAY IN the card slot ON THE CAMERA? I don't know if this applies to the Advanced version of the P3, but on the Standard version the end of the SD card will be just barely below the outer surface of the camera body when it is fully seated - maybe 3/16th of an inch or so. If it goes in that far, you might try putting it in and then holding it in place with a piece of tape, then see if you can record onto the SD card.

If you send it back to DJI for repairs it is going to cost you the price of a new gimbal. DJI does not repair or refurbish anything you send them and then send you back your drone. They just grab a like item off their supply shelf, install it, give it a quick test, then bill you for the part itself, plus a labor charge (and don't you, like me, wish you earned something around $65.00 /hour to work on drones?)

I think that DJI would be the LAST place I'd send my bird for anything. Have heard good things about them, and have heard horror stories about their service.

If the OP is in the US, he might consider Hani (@hunch) at UAV RepairShop, or the guys at DroneNerds, or Maverick Drones to name a few.

All of my birds are out of warranty, so if one has a problem it will never be sent to DJI. Who knows what kind of junk I'd get back.......and how much that junk might cost me.....and if it will even fly.

DJI is not the only option here, even though it should be a simple fix. My 2 cents. Good luck [emoji106]

Reactions: macoman

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20