SD Card - will this replacement suffice?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I introduced myself yesterday on the introduction thread, listed off a couple errors I had including the slow SD.

After doing some searching of these forums, I resolved my issues and now understand the problems I was having.

My SD card issue was based around the fact that the card my drone was sent with was a SanDisk Extreme 32GB U1. So clearly the card isn't fast enough to write in 4K.

f8e1ebf4c9f1ee0c1baa828c151f03e0.jpg

My question now is, will a SanDisk Extreme 32 U3 handle 4K video? Or should I be looking at a different card? What does everyone recommend for the clearest videos and images?

Here's what I'm currently scouting to buy:

5fc78ffa2e55550385f8b0524448d57e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Your original card is more than adequate for recording 4K video. The P3P has a maximum bit rate of 60Mbs which is less than 8 MBs, and the card you have will write at around 40 MBs. The only advantage of a faster card is the fact that it all download your files faster to your computer.
(Incidentally, the wording on the Amazon ad is wrong...it should be "up to 90 MBs"...not 90Mbs)

I have this card. Works perfectly.

Your original card is more than adequate for recording 4K video. The P3P has a maximum bit rate of 60Mbs which is less than 8 MBs, and the card you have will write at around 40 MBs. The only advantage of a faster card is the fact that it all download your files faster to your computer.
(Incidentally, the wording on the Amazon ad is wrong...it should be "up to 90 MBs"...not 90Mbs)

Hmmm, odd - any idea why my P3P is saying the card is too slow then? I took the footage to my iMac 5K and the quality definitely isn't as crisp as I've seen others. There's also some slight distortion at one point in one recording!

Hmmm, odd - any idea why my P3P is saying the card is too slow then?
Maybe the memory card is bad?

It can write at 50MB/s and the P3 is only able to write at 7.5MB/s. So, it should work just fine.

I feel I may have needed to update the firmware (my first time didn't notify me so I was blind in the sense of having to update. I think the quality has improved slightly. Either way a Extreme Plus U3 is on its way and I shall give it a go when it arrives and post again swapping between the cards. Thanks for the feedback all

My two cents to the thread. Bought 2 Sand Disk 32G Ultra 80 cards advertised for 4K before seeing this and other threads on slow cards. Had to slow down data to 1080p at 30 fps to get them to record without glitches. Clearly they write too slow for 4k. Will use them in phones and such and get better card. Really ticked off that they misrepresent specs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31