SD Card; which one do you have?

Reaction score
I bought a Sandisk 64 GB micro SD card from Best Buy. Actually this is the second one I had to exchange the first one due to the same problem I'm having now. When the card is in the bird it acts as if it's recording but as soon as I install it in my card reader at home it ask me to initialize the card (format). Also the card will show up as only being 1MB vs 64 GB so even if I do format using ex fat it never goes back to its original size. I work in IT so I've triple checked everything also the card reader is ok so for the moment I have to use the card that came with the bird so I'm curious as to what brand and size you guys are using

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    53 KB · Views: 448
I think the best results are with Sandisk Extreme Pro 64gb, Class 10, U3, SDXC UHS-I....

RESOLUTION

I just resolved my issue if you run into this than here's the fix. If your card ask you to initialize or format (Mac or PC) when you insert it in the computer after flying and recording (at least you thought you were recording) then you will need to follow these following steps. If your like me you chose to initialize or format (if you don't mind losing the data) and you noticed that your card is being read as a totally different size than what it is, my card is 64 GB and was being read as 1MB. No matter what format options you choose it stays at the lower size.

1 find an android phone insert the micro SD card and format it, this will bring it back to its correct size.

2 now inserted into the Mac or PC and format it using EX FAT if it's bigger than 64GB

3 now insert into the bird and start recording no need to format it in the bird.

4 take the card out of the bird and connect it back to the PC just to make sure it's no longer asking you to format or initialize when it's inserted into the computer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik