SD Card stops recording P4Pro

Reaction score
Apoligies if this had been addressed,

however the last few flights i've experienced my video stopping while i've begun recording.

My Micro SD is a SanDisk Extreme Pro 64gb

I've tried formatting, restoring factory settings on tthe P4Pro...

Can't seem to figure this out.

I've also had issues editing the content.. A lot of damaged files, unsuable messages etc; can't import to iMovie FCP or Adobe Premier...

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Llorenc
To dig out the real problem, record in 1080p format and check if there is limitation from ad card or your P4P.

To minimize damaged files, take out and insert SD card only when the battery is in stop state. There may be other reasons too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: waabove
I've tried shooting in various formats: 1080p through to 4K...
I still experience the same issues.
I specifically purchased the fast Micro SD so I could avoid these issues... Could it be an Issue with the SD its self?

I never remove the sd until the Quad has shut down...

There are an awfull lot of fake microSD cards doing the rounds, and many of them have apawling transfer rates well below what the legit card should be.

I got stung twice with fake scandisk extreme pros for my go pro, one was the equivelent of a class 4 card, but looked 100% legit in retail packaging.

I cant recall what program i used but google should throw up a range of software that will check transfer rates and card viability.

The best way to ensure legitimacy is buying full priced from a reliable B&M tech shop.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Also look at format in camera: .mov or .mp4?

I had the exact same thing. Same problem, same SD card. All other cards worked fine, so I exchanged it for a 32 gb version, that I haven't tested yet. Mine wasn't a fake card.

FAT32?

Thanks for the help guys, after the format to exfat I sat the drone on the table and it recorded perfectly for 15 mins without stopping

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20