SD card problem

I've found the only ad cards worth using are the 95 Mbps U3 cards it's not easy to find any card with higher speed,

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Was there a card supplied with the phantom? If so will that one format?
If it will then there may well be a fault with the sd card that you are trying to format. You may well have to try another card in your bird and see if that will format.
Failing this there may well be a fault on the bird its self. I would definitely try some other make cards as this would be easy compared to sending your bird back

I don't have a lot of hard evidence to back this up, but I do believe some devices struggle with larger cards over smaller ones.

What I CAN provide evidence for is an email received from DJI suggesting the recommended cards:

Lexar 633X Class10 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-I SD card
Panasonic 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card
Sandisk Extreme 16GB MicroSDHC UHS-3 SD card

When I asked for a recommendation for a larger card, I was advised:

Currently we do not have a recommended list for larger capacity card.
But please make sure the card meets Class 10 or UHS-1.

That said, many members here use larger cards...

I now use the Lexar they recommend and have had no problems since.

Just passing on my own experience...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Specifically bought 2 x Panasonic 16Gb microSD Class 10 UHS 3 for use in my P3S because they were above the specs advised by DJI as required, but the drone always came up with "Invalid SD card" for both of them. These cards work fine in every mobile, tablet, PC & laptop they've been tested in. Had to admit defeat and went out today and bought a Sandisk Extreme 32Gb Class 10 UHS 3 that the drone instantly recognised as a valid card, and finally allowed me to do the firmware update.
The Panasonic cards I purchased appeared to meet the drones camera specs required and I'm disappointed that DJI hasn't come up with some software to run on PC or Mac that allows the ordinary end-user to test the stability and speed ratings of their cards to prove to themselves why the drone doesn't like it (or have they and I'm simply not aware of it yet ?).
"Invalid SD card" is not an acceptable error message that aids in troubleshooting why this occurs with some but not other cards.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4