SD Card missing?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I used to own a P3S and noticed there's a Micro SD card up above the battery.

I now have a P3A and have noticed that Micro SD slot is not there.
What was if for in the standard, and why doesn't the advanced have it?

Hi all,

I used to own a P3S and noticed there's a Micro SD card up above the battery.

I now have a P3A and have noticed that Micro SD slot is not there.
What was if for in the standard, and why doesn't the advanced have it?
It is for recording what the camera sees. The advanced also has one.

Hi,
On my standard the card was in top of the camera itself.
On my advanced it is on the plate above the camera.On one side you should have a micro USB on the other side you should find the card.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Droneted
Hi,
On my advanced it is on the plate above the camera.On one side you should have a micro USB on the other side you should find the card.

I think you're getting confused with the gimbal SD card and not what I'm talking about. Which is the one inside the battery compartment of the aircraft. NOT on the gimbal

Sent from my SM-N930F using PhantomPilots mobile app

That card is used for recording information that DJI can access when a Phantom is sent in for repair....the P3A does have one inside the shell.

Cat007,
Sorry for that,I didn't even know that existed on my standard.Saying that I only had it 2 weeks then changed it for the advanced.
You learn something new everyday.[emoji106]

Cheers Scott

The memory card has the same function. It's just in the camera (on the P3S) instead of the gimbal (on the P3A).

First I have heard that the P3A has a (second?) SD card inside the cover - double checking I understood. Rockydog are your saying the P3A has two SD card slots in total, one for the video audio etc on the gimbal, and a second one inside the body/shell (and therefore not visible to the average user?)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Lawrie, all Phantom 3 models have a second memory card inside of the Phantom. The memory card is glued in place and is not meant to be removed. That's where the Phantom stores its DAT flight logs.

Have to ask a follow up please, sorry if covered elsewhere already. So if one were to (say) reformat clear that internal card, might it be possible to (say) install older firmware, fix problems where normal firmware updates are failing etc, effectively 'start again' with a clean slate so to speak?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

So if one were to (say) reformat clear that internal card, might it be possible to (say) install older firmware, fix problems where normal firmware updates are failing etc
No. You could clear the internal flight logs though.

Can you access it by plugging into the USB port on the aircraft body rather than the camera gimbal?
If you're referring to accessing the data on the internal memory card, then, yes, that's what you must do. It's read-only though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31