SD Card empty message when record button pressed

Reaction score
When using dji go app with my phantom 3 pro I get a message saying "SD card empty" when i try to record.
The tablet displays this in the middle of a black screen and the only option is to press the back button at the top left of the display which brings me back to the main video screen on the app. The video is fine, but I cant get the app to record anything. I have never crashed and the camera has never been hit or damaged in any way.

Did not have this when i last used the phantom. Have tried another SD card I had in a go pro, which I re formatted in the phantom and get the same message.

Running 2.9.1 app android
1.9.60 on the phantom
1.6.0 on the remote

Has anyone seen this before ?

Thanks,

"SD Card empty" makes no sense. Is it a wrong sentence, it should be " Empty SD Card".

Try to use that SD card with an adapter on your Mac or laptop and see if you have any issue. Try to write and read a file on to it. That might give you a clue.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

When using dji go app with my phantom 3 pro I get a message saying "SD card empty" when i try to record.
The tablet displays this in the middle of a black screen and the only option is to press the back button at the top left of the display which brings me back to the main video screen on the app. The video is fine, but I cant get the app to record anything. I have never crashed and the camera has never been hit or damaged in any way.

Did not have this when i last used the phantom. Have tried another SD card I had in a go pro, which I re formatted in the phantom and get the same message.

1.9.60 on the phantom
1.6.0 on the remote

Thanks,

Are you pushing the big red button to record? I was pushing the play button and it would say SD card empty because there was nothing on it to play.

Reactions: sonof40

1.9.60 on the phantom
1.6.0 on the remote

Thanks,

Are you using the microSD card that came with the aircraft?

Thanks guys, problem solved. Feel kind of dumb. Was using a galaxy note tablet that has an S pen and the air command button was right under the Big Red record button interfering with its operation. Was in actuality pressing the play button and did not realize it. When I changed the settings on the tablet and removed the air command button everything started working. Appreciate the help.

Thanks guys, problem solved. Feel kind of dumb. Was using a galaxy note tablet that has an S pen and the air command button was right under the Big Red record button interfering with its operation. Was in actuality pressing the play button and did not realize it. When I changed the settings on the tablet and removed the air command button everything started working. Appreciate the help.

Exactly what I thought. That's why I asked if you were pushing the Big Red button. I made the same mistake when I first got the Phantom. LOL

Stupid me, just did same thing. Could take video but not picture. Was pushing play button on rc instead of take picture button. lol. Glad I read this post!!!!!!!

Guys, I was getting this same Error. I could take pictures but not video. I could format the card. But still no video. It always showed "SD Card slot Empty". I reformated the cards on PC and MAC, still nothing. It turns out (I think after last Firmware upgrade) that I need to use the original Apple cable. Yes, after I put the original Apple cable on, all of my SD cards worked.

Reactions: spikerK01
I'm having the same issue. I push the red record button, and it immediately switches back to the red circle, not recording. When I push the play button, I get the empty sd card message. But the sd card had pictures on it. So I deleted them, tried again, same issue. I tried switching to still pics, fired off a few rest pics, but again, pushing the play button gets the SD Card Empty message. What up?

Exactly what I thought. That's why I asked if you were pushing the Big Red button. I made the same mistake when I first got the Phantom. LOL

When I push the big red button nothing happens. And I get the SD Card Empty message when I hit the playback button. I checked the card and there were pics on it..

This worked.
47229bedea48d17b8e1a765d6a89f35d.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4