SD card Does not Work

Reaction score
I am relatively new to the phantom and one day I went to reformat the sd card and when I put it back in it said reformatting is suggested so I did it again with a different computer and still it said Reformatting is suggested so I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to ensure that the sd card will work in the future.

You should always format SD cards within the device that you are using it in. So, try formatting it within the DJI app while connected to the controller.

I am relatively new to the phantom and one day I went to reformat the sd card and when I put it back in it said reformatting is suggested so I did it again with a different computer and still it said Reformatting is suggested so I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to ensure that the sd card will work in the future.

like others have said format in the camera/app

also well worth picking up another 16 gig card , pretty cheap and its easy to loose or leave at home when flying.....
a spare in case is well worth 10-20 bucks

I just reformatted it in expat but it still says Reformatting is suggested. How do you do it in the app?

I format my sd card in the Dji go camera app. Tap on the little wrench icon and you will find a format sd card function. Of course you will need to have the copter turned on and linked to the rc. Not sure if you screwed it up permanently by formatting it outside of the drone camera. If so, it's time to buy a new one. In most cases you should never have to remove the sd card, just plug the usb cable into the drone camera and into a pc to download media and format the card using the Dji go app.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

He could have a bad adapter card that he is using to insert it into his PC. Or could have a problem with the card reader/writer in his PC. Or the card itself could be bad. But I've formatted a number of cards all the way up to a 128GB Class 10 on my PC and use it in my P3A. Instead of powering up and connecting the P3A I just pop the uSD card out of the P3A and put it in my laptop and copy the files. Then reinsert it back into the P3A. I've formatted a 32GB, a 64GB and a 128GB which I'm currently using in my P3A. All formatted in exFat on my laptop.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20