sd card corrupted

Reaction score
Ive just been trying for hours to make a video but my laptop wouldnt let me split the mp4 so I could select different scenes. I then noticed that the sd card was showing up as "sdhd, dcim, ųmedia" thats when I realised it was corrupted. Ive finally got the video edited but I had to jump through hoops by loading it into my tablet and splitting it there but I still couldnt transfer the individual video files to my laptop. I had to dropbox them and then download them to the laptop and finally was able to make the video. A process that should have taken an hour or so turned out to be 7 hours. I never normally format my micro sd but will be doing so in future. Anyone come across this? I'm using a samsung 32gb class 10.

I reformat the SD card every time I copy files from it. It's very easy to corrupt the file system, and formatting is a useful safety measure.

Yeah I know, ive just been lazy. Wake up call because I really needed the video for a job.

What Harry says.
SD cards are notoriously easy to corrupt. For my DSLR, I'll usually even format them using the camera's utility menu, rather than within Windows on my desktop, just to make sure the card is to the cameras liking.

Since this isn't really an option (that I know of) with the Phantoms camera, I'll format the card, as best I can, in Windows everytime I copy all the media from a flight.

I also never use the file on the SD card as a source for ANY operation (even viewing). I'll always copy everything on the card to my computer before I try to open, view, or especially edit any of the images or video.

Yeah it was just complacency on my part. Im still trying to get the 200 or so pics off it. I'll format it in the phantom via the app.

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Yeah it was just complacency on my part. Im still trying to get the 200 or so pics off it. I'll format it in the phantom via the app.

I've found you need to be extra careful when buying SD cards as there are so many sites, including Amazon marketplace sellers, who sell knock-off cards. Would be interested in hearing where you bought it?

Its a genuine Samsung card alright, got it from a samsung rep I know. Its been working perfect for 6 months

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj