SD Card ~ Best vPlus Option

Reaction score
I had a friend of mine who is a video guru call me this past July and he let me know he had just bought a new vPlus. He said he was looking forward to wearing out the camera with all the video stuff he does. I told him how addicting it is and share the little I knew about the camera setup back then.

I spoke with him today and he let me know all about his experience with SD cards on the vPlus. He informed to make sure that the SD card is at least Class 10 or a Ultra. And then said HD video requires a really fast card. The one in the pic below is the Hot Ticket and what he said to use, and that the video file quality with this SD card is excellent. Should be able to find it for $20 or less. so if video quality means anything to you, this is the one.

32GB Micro SDHC UHS-I Memory Card - SanDisk Ultra

Attachments

• sdu.jpg
    sdu.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 587
I only use sandisc 64gig , on my v2+ camera and my hero 4

UHS-1 is overkill on a Vision plus camera. UHS 1/2/3 are more suited to GoPro3 or more.

DJI supplies a class 6 4gig and that does the job.
Any Class 10 is fine. And to be honest, just get a handful of class 10 8gig or 16gig and tape them to back of the Transmitter. This way you wont lose all your footage on one 64gig SD card. And due to the vulnerability of this "recreational" sport, you want to move those files off the phantom asap and regularly..

I've seen this Samsung memory card recommended a lot for Phantoms. Isn't a 32 GB card the max that'll work? That's what the DJI manual says.

Last edited:
reason I use the 64gig is because I also fly with a hero4 and on 4k video a 64gig is definitely needed

when im just screwing around I use the factory one DJI supplied, only use my 64s for main flight

Your Friendly Canard said:
flyNfrank said:
I spoke with him today and he let me know all about his experience with SD cards on the vPlus. He informed to make sure that the SD card is at least Class 10 or a Ultra. And then said HD video requires a really fast card. The one in the pic below is the Hot Ticket and what he said to use, and that the video file quality with this SD card is excellent. Should be able to find it for $20 or less. so if video quality means anything to you, this is the one.

There is so much inaccurate information here.

1. High quality HD video does require a "really fast" card because a great deal of data is being transferred every second.
2. The vPlus does not capture high quality HD - it captures highly compressed, relatively low quality HD video. This is why the slow speed cards as provided by DJI work just fine. It does not require "at least Class 10 or a Ultra."
3. The speed of the card has no bearing on the quality of the video. If the card is not fast enough, data will simply stop being written.
4. Changing to a higher speed card will not increase the quality of the vPlus video.

I'm pretty sure he was describing the SD card and not the quad. I'm guessing the HD was just how he referenced the card.

Btw, if you look at what you wrote you twisted things around.

64 Gig, 80mb/s in my H4 Black.
Sure wasn't cheap, but as mentioned by others, shooting in 4K sure puts out some big files, so speed is just as important as storage space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues