Scuffed Props

Jre

Reaction score
Just flew my P2V from a flat roof and when I was landing the wind tipped it forward (I didn't execute the CSC) and now 1 prop is pretty scuffed up (scrapes) on the bottom and another is slightly scuffed, but both have a tiny sliver of a corner edged off.

Should I try sanding these to smooth them out or just forget about it and put the spares on?

I have a set of stock props that are used all the time when attempting crazy stuff, usually the gimbal is removed and camera in housing.

Basically those props are scuffed, bent then straightened and every other bit of dings and damage, they still work just fine, I don't even bother to sand them. Surprised the video still comes out nice.

Just fly it and see how they perform......

Jre said:
Ok, thanks for the info guys. I'm still new to RC flying.

They're not too bad I guess. Just ugly now. :?

I wouldn't worry about scuffed up plastic props, unless you're really sensitive about perfect balance for video. You can clean them off and rebalance them if they're really bad, but as long as there are no cracks, the props are straight and the Phantom flies true, it should be OK. And the Phantom comes with spare props anyways, so these can always become your backups.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4