Screw Hex Sizes

Reaction score
On advise, I tightened the screws on the bottom holding the motors (I believe they were 2.0mm hex) and then went to tighten the ones holding the shell together. 1.5mm did not work nor did 2.0 Are they torx heads or phillps? (Sorry my eyesight is failing me)

Last edited:
Just to clarify (and excuse my ignorance) but is either the T6 or the T8 torx the same size as the 2mm hex?

I'm heading to an electronics shop tomorrow and I'm hoping to avoid a return trip. What do I need to get the shell apart--is that the 2mm? Once I get the shell apart is there another set/size screws that I'll need to have also for motors, etc?

I'm bringing the shell with me to try them out in the store but I'm starting to think that once I get home and get the shell off I'm going to find some other small hex screws and it's another 45 minute drive to the store...

A T6 and T8 are not the same as a 2mm hex. You'll need all three tools to open the shell. You can pick up a kit with all of the needed tools on Amazon (like this one).

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread but I am having a problem.
The VPS cover. I have a bit set from T4 - T15 and for some reason these screws seem to be in the T6.5 area (T6 too small, and T7 too large) and I don't think this bit is available. Anyone else have this problem?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20